Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motorsport mapp

Hi guys n gals,
    Just wondering if anybody had this done? Wanted to know price and how much Differance it makes to the feel of the car ?!
    Thanks

You Really Want To Risk A Remap With A THP Engine ?

:L

Comment

Heck yah if I'm going to blow my engine I'm going to fricken destroy it.
      Remapping mine THP in January.
      Originally posted by cyclone
      It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
      Originally posted by Broda
      I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Originally posted by karl THP View Post
        Hi guys n gals,
        Just wondering if anybody had this done? Wanted to know price and how much Differance it makes to the feel of the car ?!
        Thanks
        Remap to 190 was epic. Remap to 200+ would be epicererer..
        cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

only done road map but motorsport should take it to a whole new level

Comment

I am sooooooooooooooooo glad I didn't tamper with my engine at all in the end. I wouldn't have a leg to stand on after all the trouble I am having with mine.

I know it's "invisible" and extremely hard to detect but trust me, with the amount of problems Citroen are now having with the THP150, they will find ANY excuse not to have to sort your engine out.
            sigpic

Comment

Thanks guys,
              Yes I am considering it zack but after the warrantee has run out lol to be honest I've got used to the power now n want abit more kick and the sound of that 311 nm of torque sounds like fun

Comment

had mine remapped to 180 with panel filter at 4000 miles after 6 months of havin car makes big difference. but thn i had engine management probs so itsd all clear and going into the 2nd week of citroen dealership trying to sort it spending 150 miles of my petrol changing turbo vacuum pipes :S if ur engines a good en go 4 it ull b glad u did i will get it bk on wen im sorted aswell as panel filter dump valve and eventually custom air intake resultin in 210 roughly but thts 200 years off at the min good luck

Comment

Originally posted by DS379 View Post
                  I am sooooooooooooooooo glad I didn't tamper with my engine at all in the end. I wouldn't have a leg to stand on after all the trouble I am having with mine.

I know it's "invisible" and extremely hard to detect but trust me, with the amount of problems Citroen are now having with the THP150, they will find ANY excuse not to have to sort your engine out.
                  I agree with DS379. I work for PSA concern and I tell you, EP6 MCM (MCP) engines are not the best choice for a remap at all. And 180hp, even 200+? Are you insane?
                  Maybe you forget it, but it's FRENCH engine, made in France lol I think, that you have no idea what does "made in France" mean, don't you? lol
                  If you want a remap go to DV6, but here again, be very careful. I have DV6 FAP, but only +18hp/+41rpm (remap + K&N air filer), because it's not a german car...

Comment

Originally posted by dstrois View Post
                    Maybe you forget it, but it's FRENCH engine, made in France lol I think, that you have no idea what does "made in France" mean, don't you?
                    I thought it was German engine made in France? Anyone have any idea what BMW has done to overcome these problems, or does mini have same probs as PSA with the THP?

Comment

As I understand it the block has the same basic architecture as the old TU engine just updated to take advantage of modern technology and BMW technology being used in the head.

Mini's have the same sorts of problems just check out there forums.

And from someone who lives in Germany "German engineering" isn't all its cracked up to be. They run into plenty of problems because of trying to lower the price point of there products, just like everyone else. I don't think there is a manufacturer out there who hasn't put out a product that wasn't quite perfect.

Lets see 5 rally constructors titles between 1990 and 1997 and 7 constructor and drivers championships since 2003 with 61 wins. Not bad for "French Engineering"
                      Last edited by cyclone; 02-12-2011, 08:56.
                      Originally posted by cyclone
                      It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                      Originally posted by Broda
                      I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Yes I heard hit was the BMW block and the minis are having the same problems :-/ why hasn't it been solved yet?!?! Something to do with the hydraulic chain tensioners I've heard

Comment

So is any sort of remap not recommended then?
                          May 2011 - October 2015: White body/black roof/white Bellone THP150
                          October 2015 - Present: Black body/emerald green roof/black Aphrodite THP165
                          Instagram @adamds3

Comment

...For The THP,

The Hdi's Are Running Fine On Remaps

Comment

Rubbish

I guess I'll just have to buy an orange R for the boot instead. Heard that adds about 50bhp
                              May 2011 - October 2015: White body/black roof/white Bellone THP150
                              October 2015 - Present: Black body/emerald green roof/black Aphrodite THP165
                              Instagram @adamds3

Comment

Working...
                              X