Bye bye corrosion!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bye bye corrosion!

Just booked my car in to have the bellones resprayed black, getting rid of whatever awful lacquer they use on the diamond cut areas of the wheels and going full stealth.

Turns out very few wheel repair shops will touch the diamond cut areas, most reccomend a full respray.

Going to see about getting the callipers done too but I'm not sure what colour yet (suggestions?) I was thinking maybe grey; red may be a bit garish and chav but I dunno.

I've attached pictures of how they are now and I'll be sure to send over pics of it done.
    Excited isn't the word, plus I found a wheel refurb shop 10 mins walk from me who'll do it for 35 quid a wheel because of a work colleague.. winner!

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Tapatalk

DStort
    DSport interior | 130bhp Chipped | Powerflow Exhaust

Sounds like a good deal. Refurb and respray is definitely cheaper than diamond cutting.

I've been quoted £85 for a refurb on one wheel, the curb mark was 5mm and has now corroded to around 15mm, I want to get it done before it gets worse but it's a steep cost for such a tiny mark IMO.
    - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
    - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

I did some digging around on this too. Best price for a refurb on a bellone was £130 each and they need it for 4 days. I have since found a Citroën dealer near me that will do brand new ones for £155 each and will change the tyres over and balance them for free. Guess which one I'm going for
      DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Funky
        I did some digging around on this too. Best price for a refurb on a bellone was £130 each and they need it for 4 days. I have since found a Citroën dealer near me that will do brand new ones for £155 each and will change the tyres over and balance them for free. Guess which one I'm going for
        Now that's not a bad price. I might do that and keep my corroded one as a spare. I could probably sand it down myself tbh, it's only a minor mark.
        - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

I was considering having mine replaced, the pics kind of say it all. I sort of like the idea of all back wheels and painted callipers though [emoji6]

DStort

Comment

Originally posted by BeefMasta View Post

Now that's not a bad price. I might do that and keep my corroded one as a spare. I could probably sand it down myself tbh, it's only a minor mark.
            It's a local dealer to me mate. Not sure if other places do it for this price, if you make enquiries and find they are charging you nearly £300 per Bellone, let me know and I will order you however many you need and get them couriered down to you.

Comment

What can I say, SUPER impressed.
              140 quid, all 4 wheels and callipers done and it looks amazing.
              Personally I prefer it to the stock bellones.
              Chuffed [emoji3]

Ed: picture ft my dad

DStort

Comment

Originally posted by Moonhead
                Ed: picture ft my dad
                He looks well impressed!

They look great!
                - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Looks good! I might have a look and see how much mine would set me back, got one alloy which is VERRRY bad. I'd want to get them coated in all white too, as I like the look of white Bellones but not the diamond cut finish that comes with them.
                  ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
                  Join the Facebook Group!
                  Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Cheers guys!

My dad was very impressed. Quote: "that looks alright".

If you can get the right price, it's so worth doing, Ben. I'd definitely reccomend it, even if they aren't anywhere near as bad as mine were [emoji6]

DStort

Comment

They look really good. How did they do it so cheap? Nice silver coating on the calipers too.

Comment

Originally posted by Funky
                        They look really good. How did they do it so cheap? Nice silver coating on the calipers too.
                        Thanks! It turned out better than I hoped, looks a lot sportier imo.
                        Got it done through a friend at work who knows a guy that owns a paint shop.
                        Not sure if I got any money of the price but he did a cracking job and it was super nice of him to throw in the callipers [emoji3]

DStort

Comment

They look great!
                          Current: DS 3 Performance, Perla Nera Black with Sparkly Purple roof
                          Previous: DS3 DStyle 120 VTi, Perla Nera Black with Fuchsia roof

Comment

They look much better than the chewed/corroded ones before I've seen a few second hand DS3s at local car places with these wheels painted all black, I think they were all red ones too - look better than the white worm corroded diamond cut finish don't they?
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972
                              They look much better than the chewed/corroded ones before I've seen a few second hand DS3s at local car places with these wheels painted all black, I think they were all red ones too - look better than the white worm corroded diamond cut finish don't they?
                              Thanks, they really do [emoji3] I'd dare to say they look better than the non corroded bellones!

DStort

Comment

Working...
                              X