Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS3 110 Tuning?

Hi there,
    I am driving a DS3 110 and I love it! The new cars with the 3-Cylinder engine are sold with 130hp. I asked the treader if it is possible to upgrade it but it is very costly (3000€-4000€) only for a new motor control device. So I asked my self if there are some other cheaper ways to tune my car. I know some of you may tell me it is not worth trying to upgrade the 3-Cylinder but I am very interrested how much power you can get from such a small engine. Do you have some suggestions? Maybe a new turbocharger when yes which one?
    I am looking forward for your answers!

Greetings from Germany

peep

https://www.racechip.de/shop/citroen...1kw-205nm.html
    Originally posted by cyclone
    It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
    Originally posted by Broda
    I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Hi cyclone,
      thanks for your answers. But I am not sure about Chiptuning... The opinions are very different about it. Isn't it better to go to a Tuning-Shop and let it done by them? Do you have any experience with Racechip?

Comment

You go to a tuner and the first thing they will do is chip tuning. It is the #1 way to increase power in a turbo car. To see the full potential of any power adding mods you will need to have the car chip tuned. A lot of the big companies will also have the Tuv paperwork so it can be added to the cars paperwork if you want to tell anybody that it has been done, and offer a warrantee for the engine. I have not used race chips it was just first one on google list. Have used Clemens Motorsport for mine. http://www.clemens-motorsport.de/index.html No issues at all with car they were very nice too.

Comment

You go to a tuner and the first thing they will do is chip tuning. It is the #1 way to increase power in a turbo car. To see the full potential of any power adding mods you will need to have the car chip tuned. A lot of the big companies will also have the Tuv paperwork so it can be added to the cars paperwork if you want to tell anybody that it has been done, and offer a warrantee for the engine. I have not used race chips it was just first one on google list. Have used Clemens Motorsport for mine. http://www.clemens-motorsport.de/index.html No issues at all with car they were very nice too.
          What stage/power are you at Cyclone?
          White on red THP
          Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie@SPTuning View Post

What stage/power are you at Cyclone?
            Right now other than the coil overs and catch can it is back to stock. I had planed to give it to my kid to drive but the little brat never got her drivers license. Tell me what kind of kid turns down a free car? Was just over 200ps, nothing special. I need to decide next step, keep as is, build the engine, or sell it and get something else.

Comment

Originally posted by cyclone View Post

Right now other than the coil overs and catch can it is back to stock. I had planed to give it to my kid to drive but the little brat never got her drivers license. Tell me what kind of kid turns down a free car? Was just over 200ps, nothing special. I need to decide next step, keep as is, build the engine, or sell it and get something else.
              Wich engine do you drive?

What I meant before was, that I am not sure about just plug and play a chip and thats it. As far as I know the most Tuner do a personal dyno tuning wich for me sounds much trustfuller. But when I change some engine parts isn't it better to first do that and afterwards the chiptuning to use all the potential? Wich parts useful to upgrade to increase the power?

Comment

I have a THP 150. I do not really know the details of the little 3 cylinder engines. I would certainly imagine the normal turbo engine upgrades exhaust, intake( a panel filter would probably suffice in such a small engine) intercooler(is it smaller than the the 1.6liter cars? if so maybe able to pop one of those on) and turbo. Still I would start with a remap then go from there(you might just be satisfied with that) and the cost starts coming into play when changing parts. You will find it adds up real quick and might have been better off trading the car for one that comes with more power and remapping that one!

Comment

Thank you! I think you are right! Do you know any other good tuners where I don't get trouble with the TUV because the 3-Cylinder isn't listed on Clemens Motorsport Website.

Comment

Working...
                  X