Cheap first mods ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap first mods ?

Hi everyone, completely new to this forum so if any mistakes have been made feel free to correct me As a young driver who is fairly short on cash i just wanted to ask around for any suggestions for decent mods for the e-hdi 90 ? As far as performance goes would a remap be a sensible first mod to get ? Cheers

Remap will put you as far as 120 bhp with a decent torque increase. It's a good starting point but if you wanted to go further then swapping the turbo for the HDi 110/115 one will allow you to get to 150 bhp max when remapped. The turbo is fairly easy to come by too, having been used on several other PSA vehicles. A switch guide is located here.

The only problem with adding performance mods when strapped for cash is that you NEED to run it by your insurance company, and as a young driver, they may turn you away or hike the premium massively. If you don't declare it and get in a crash then you're stuffed as they won't pay out once they detect the software/hardware changes. What might be a good plan is wait until your insurance is due renewal and shop around to see if any will take you on with your planned mods, so you can get the best deal - and they will sometimes be ok for you to take it further as long as you notify them.

I'm a strong advocate for cosmetic mods first, as many you won't have to declare and others are generally accepted well. There's a lot you can do to personalise these cars, as the design is so open to individual expression.
    ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
    Join the Facebook Group!
    Join the Discord Server!

Comment

I'm the same as you mate. First car and I've only just been driving a year and in still looking at 1.6k (without a black box though...) and all I've managed to do is change the air filter to a K&N one. Not a huge difference but you can feel it a bit. Everything else and insurers will loose their minds. Like Ben said, start with your cosmetic mods first, that's what I've done. Plastidip is a good start, as is debadging the "Citroen" (depending upon your model). Wind guards, changing your ariel, stickers, even just dust caps. Small things can make a huge difference.

Comment

appreciate the help cheers , gunna start with cosmetic mods as you said then see if i can step it up slowly

Comment

I was in the same boat with mine (still am for another few months) remap might be a good start

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Tapatalk

DStort
          DSport interior | 130bhp Chipped | Powerflow Exhaust

Comment

Cosmetic and loud ones!

Make it look individual and make it noisy! Easy ones to do
            My DS3R3... nearly....
            New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Working...
            X