Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tinting Legalities

Hi all,

I'm looking at the possibility of getting my front lights vinyl wrapped. Obviously they can't go pitch black like the rears but a slight tint would be nice. Can someone in the know remind me of the legalities of front light tinting please?

Thx,
    ST

Anything changing the colour of the beam to anything but yellow is technically illegal, but most nice police officers will turn a blind eye - I've seen plenty of blue, green, and purple tints on cars and motorbikes. For blacks, it's a bit of a guessing game as to how dark you can go before it reduces the light intensity to an MOT failure.

Black fly-eye (or any other colour fly-eye) will make the fronts appear very dark while not changing the colour and only marginally reducing intensity. It's enough to pass an MOT, but that's not to say some picky copper might flag you up on it. As mentioned above, they probably won't bother you though.
    ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
    Join the Facebook Group!
    Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Nice one cheers Ben.

I'll see what's on offer around here.

Comment

My Clio has black fly eye on the headlamps, to obscure the yellowing plastic. Tried overhauling the plastic bit the discolouration is inside by the looks.

It does cut down the intensity of the beam by %20 i reckon, but when you look from a distance it seems pretty bright.

Ive never been stopped because of it and a few coppers have walked past over the last months.

Its an absolute pig of a job to get right, so mines not on that good tbh. But then its only a track motor.......... with a few daily journeys thrown in
        sigpic
        Jog on Noddy

Comment

Working...
        X