No announcement yet.

Performance cluth / clutch + flywheel ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Performance cluth / clutch + flywheel ?

My thp car  is running a stage 2 remap + intercooler-full exhaust-induction...power is around 215bhp+
    I can feel the clutch not bite very well when I change gears more noticeable in 4th-5th gear ..there is a delay in the engine revs to go up when upshifting so I assue my clutch is almost gone although I only have 22,000 Kilimeters (not miles) on the car
    I've looked around on the internet and I found only 2 companies offering a performance stage 2 clutch for the ds3 thp 2010 year....sachs and blackdiamond
    Price is also very similar for the two companies..I don't know which one to go for?
    Also is it a good idea to change the flywheel as well? I am only using my car for street use not racing or track
    A lighter flywheel will give me more instant torque compared to the stock flywheel? Also does anyone know how much  kilometers the stock flywheel can last with a stage 2 remap?

Standard one in my thp was a sachs one. Had the same numbers as the uprated one... So i guess that doesn't really make it uprated. Now driving a luk one and very pleased with it.

Comment

sorry I don't really understand what you are trying to say? you are saying that the uprated stage 2 for 30% sachs clutch is not really uprated? and the luk one is better?

Comment

Just saying that i noticed the original one in mine had the same numbers. Just make a note that the luk one isn't any diffrent in my car compared to the original one. As far as i'm aware the standard clutch will take 210hp without a problem. As the 207hp models still have the same clutch (the big ones). Original 1000 series racings even had the smaller ones that are the same to the 150.
        Wear all depends on how you drive it... Some people get twise as much miles out there clutch as me. Altho my slave cilinder was leaking which resulted in wrecking the clutch.

Just my 2 cents...

Comment

Working...
        X