Increased BHP.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Increased BHP.

Alright im sure this question has been answered before, but i thought i would keep all your guys busy.

So next month im taking my Dsport THP to Jamie for a stage 1 remap.

My question was can any other modifications for example an intake increase the power on my car?

I talked to jamie about going straight from stock to stage 2 but i would then need an intercooler and a high flow cat and that alone is around 1k for the both.

So i was wondering if anything can give it small gains to accompany the 40hp gained from the remap.

Thanks Guys

I've just fitted one of these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MTC-MOTORS...D/253181549934

Very happy with the improvement and new sounds .

Jamie posted a comparison between the more expensive Forge Induction kit and a K&N panel filter here http://www.ds3club.co.uk/forum/ds3/d...-induction-kit
    I imagine the MTC Induction kit performs similarly as they look near identical
    Last edited by trotters; 01-11-2017, 17:18.

Comment

Thanks Trotters,

So the Forge induction kit looks like a good buy.
      The one you bought off ebay, what is it like? Can you notice improvements?

Comment

Absolutely. I've been running stage 1 for over a year now and the low-end power feels significantly improved since installing the kit. There could be some placebo effect with the sound, but I'm quite convinced it's a fair bit quicker. No idea if it's actually as good as the forge one, but I'm happy.

Also, it makes things look so much tidier under the bonnet

Comment

Im gonna have a look at it, may purchase it. What do u mean by a placebo effect regarding the sound? In a good way or bad?

Ok so stage 1 is there a massive difference in power?

Comment

From stock to stage 1 and what about from stage 1 to fitting the air filter

Comment

Sorry intake

Comment

Originally posted by BZYS View Post
                Ok so stage 1 is there a massive difference in power?
                The difference is huge. You're going to the right place to get that done, I was very happy with what Jamie did to mine.

By placebo I mean if you add these sounds to your car, your brain would probably tell you it's faster, even if it's not

Comment

That sounds great mate. Im booking in my ds3 for a stage 1 remap next month. Cant wait. My blow off valve is actually already very loud. I can hear it with my windows up even through my exhaust system.

Comment

Working...
                  X