Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top End

Hi guys,

Don’t really know much mechanically so does anyone know roughly what the racing engine can handle power wise before internals would need to be upgraded?
    I’m thinking of a forge intercooler, Milltek non-res exhaust and a remap to get a bit more punch but I don’t want to blow it up
    DS3 Racing
    OZ Superturismo 18” |
    H&R Lowering Springs | Custom Powerflow Exhaust | 200 Cell Sports Cat

It can handle about 207 bhp lol. And even then only sometimes, given the number of stock Racings that have died.

Forge intercooler is definitely better than Airtec from testing data so good choice there. It will likely help a lot at the current power level, as well as for the future.

Turbo is capable of between 230 and 240, but forging internals is seriously advised if you want that to last.
    ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
    Join the Facebook Group!
    Join the Discord Server!

Comment

So power gain wise, not worth investing until I upgrade pistons, valves etc so they can take more punishment?
      DS3 Racing
      OZ Superturismo 18” |

Comment

Needs upgraded internals so it can take stock power! They are made from BUTTER.
        Originally posted by cyclone
        It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
        Originally posted by Broda
        I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

I have the same question for the 156 thp..currently running a stage 2+ mods and am a bit worry about my cars  internals

Comment

So the Intercooler would be more for reliability, an exhaust for more noise, a bov because I like the sound of the turbo and have to map them all in at 207 to stop the engine or the turbo from exploding?
            DS3 Racing
            OZ Superturismo 18” |

Comment

Wouldn't really need to map them in I don't think, will still perform well. It's just if you want more power and these mods then it's best to add the hardware first and map them in to make the maximum gains.
              ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
              Join the Facebook Group!
              Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle
                I have the same question for the 156 thp..currently running a stage 2+ mods and am a bit worry about my cars  internals
                Don’t be
                White on red THP
                Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

The racing models use a different piston and have higher compression ratio, piston failure occurs frequently on these. My last racing had 2 engines on warranty and I then rebuilt it a 3rd time using different pistons.
                  Piston failure on the 150 and 155 can and does happen but it is quite rare.
                  White on red THP
                  Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

Working...
                  X