Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will a new exhaust sound good on the hdi 90 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will a new exhaust sound good on the hdi 90 ?

I've rang up longlife exhausts in peterborough and had a quick chat and i've been told that i may be quite disappointed if i were to get a custom cat back exhaust made for my car in terms of sound. He said that diesels don't really improve on sound much with an aftermarket exhaust and just wanted to know if anyone can confirm this or if anyone has any other suggestions? i'm not really looking for anything ridiculous i just want it a bit louder to be honest

One thing you may want to think about is the DPF will cut the noise that most of the engine makes, I wanted a hard or popcorn limiter on mine but this does ruin the sound
    You can read more here https://www.theaa.com/driving-advice...culate-filters

Comment

Skobbels cheers mate, as much as i'd like to do a dpf delete i can't really afford to get done for it

Comment

Before the ds3 I had a MG ZT CDTi and I went to Fast Lane Styling in Romford for the same reason you ask , I wanted more noise , so what they advised was not to fit a back box just have a section of pipe with nice tail pipes which is what I did and it sounded pretty good and it does not effect your MOT either plus its cheaper ....

I will be doing it on the DS3 when funds allow...

Comment

Lynyrd Skynner specifically what section did you have changed, like did you keep the backbox or ? because i have had a look and changing the backbox to just a straight through pipe dosen't sound too bad tbh

Comment

They cut off the old back box and hand made a new section with just pipe and they have a massive selection of tail pipes to choose from once you have made your choice it all gets welded up no clamps all welded all fitted to the car and thats it .....

Comment

Lynyrd Skynner thats what the plan was originally for me, i asked for a quote for one and they said 150 for a custom stainless steel backbox delete - any good ?

Comment

Yes Fast Lane charge about the same sort of money ......and not forgetting the free key ring wahooo! It made a nice sound when it was finished hopw to go back and get the DS done soon...

Comment

Guys, I'm thining about this now on my DS3, Did any of you get this done?

Comment

Working...
                  X