First time owner looking for advice!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First time owner looking for advice!

Hi everyone. I'm new here and also new to the DS3 range but loving it so far. I went for the 1.6l VTi (120bhp). One thing I'm curious about is an exhaust system as theer isn't much else you can do to them from what I've read here. I don't want anything ridiculously "heavy" sounding, maybe a nice sort of growl just so you can really enjoy driving it.

What's the go to brand? I should also say I'm new to anything car modification related too outside of changing the rear lights on an old Saxo years ago!

Here's a picture if anyone is interested.

https://i.imgur.com/y2bnpz0.jpg

Go custom! You can then tailor it to exactly the sort of sound and look you're after in terms of tailpipes. Custom fabricators will know just what to do to hit your brief, and are equally priced if not cheaper than other manufacturers. Plus you get a lifetime stainless steel exhaust - the exhaust brackets have a habit of rusting on the DS3
    ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
    Join the Facebook Group!
    Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Also welcome, my car started off exactly the same as yours, looks a fair bit different now
      Join the Facebook Group!
      Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Thanks Ben! Googling hasn't taken me to anything related (might be me being thick), don't suppose you have a website address?

Comment

Search custom exhaust fabricators [your location], something should come up. Failing that look for your nearest Longlife branch, they're a branded custom shop.
          Join the Facebook Group!
          Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Originally posted by BenS
            Search custom exhaust fabricators [your location], something should come up. Failing that look for your nearest Longlife branch, they're a branded custom shop.
            Can also look up Powerflow, they're owned by the same parent company as longlife. Should give you a few more options.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Comment

Cheers guys very much appreciated! Glad to be a member of a helpful community like this and hope to help you out where I can.

Comment

Thanks everyone. What about induction kits or cone filters. Can't seem to find any for my model!

Comment

A forge induction kit is about £170-£200 give or take and you can get Coloured boost pipes with the kit, pretty much the best there is on offer tbh

Comment

Do you have a link? I can't find one for the 1.6l VTi 120 anywhere :/

Comment

Working...
                    X