Issue with HDI 90 remap.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issue with HDI 90 remap.

Today I had my HDI 90 remapped by Dyna Tune. Everything went great, was hitting what it was ment to on the dyno as well. After the map went a test drive and it fair pulled, which if you own a 90 it badly needs.

Tho soon as I hit about 85 mph, car beeps at me, service light comes on and the diagnosis trip computer flashes up an error, Engine fault:Needs Repair. Took it back and they ran a full diagnostic and up pops an error P1621. Control Module Long Term Memory Performance/ Immobilizer Code Words Do Not Match.

Several maps later the same thing happened. Its always in the 80 ish mph to 90 it happens. Car returned to stock for the time being as the guy tuning it thinks its a hashsum causing it to throw the error. So now just need to wait till the file is looked at more. Thought i would share here to see if anyone has any insight to it or if anyone else has had the same issue. Maybe jamie has an idea.

Originally posted by Dazaman
    Today I had my HDI 90 remapped by Dyna Tune. Everything went great, was hitting what it was ment to on the dyno as well. After the map went a test drive and it fair pulled, which if you own a 90 it badly needs.

Tho soon as I hit about 85 mph, car beeps at me, service light comes on and the diagnosis trip computer flashes up an error, Engine fault:Needs Repair. Took it back and they ran a full diagnostic and up pops an error P1621. Control Module Long Term Memory Performance/ Immobilizer Code Words Do Not Match.

Several maps later the same thing happened. Its always in the 80 ish mph to 90 it happens. Car returned to stock for the time being as the guy tuning it thinks its a hashsum causing it to throw the error. So now just need to wait till the file is looked at more. Thought i would share here to see if anyone has any insight to it or if anyone else has had the same issue. Maybe jamie has an idea.
    Can you post your dyno curve?
    White on red THP
    Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

Here it is.

Comment

I believe this fault code is related to torque monitoring in the ECU.
        This is a very complicated system to tune.

If they have missed some of the many torque limits in the ECU, and then altered to Torque to fuel quantity conversion maps in order to get more power, this can happen. The ECU reverse calculates the fuel quantity to torque calculations and it and can see that the values don't match up.

Comment

http://www.ecuconnections.com/forum/...hp?f=6&t=38718

Comment

Working...
          X