Thp intercooler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thp intercooler

Hi i was looking at intercoolers for my thp. What is the better airtec intercooler stage 1 (twinpass) or satge 2 (singlepass)? I was going to do the seat cupra intercooler but there isnt enough room for it and i dont want to cut the crash bar to make it fit due to it being safty related...
    What would people reccomend?

its debatable- for me, dualpass.
    Seat intercooler is too much cutting metal up
    Forge or Airtec
    sigpic
    Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Cambobroon View Post
      Hi i was looking at intercoolers for my thp. What is the better airtec intercooler stage 1 (twinpass) or satge 2 (singlepass)? I was going to do the seat cupra intercooler but there isnt enough room for it and i dont want to cut the crash bar to make it fit due to it being safty related...
      What would people reccomend?
      Well the single pass means more piping and that means more lag, also more silicone couplers and more places to leak... personally I don't like that, on the other hand their twinpass didnt show any significant performance, keeping AIT at 42C* on stock car! Meanwhile Forge one manages to keep 38-40C* on 350hp car...

You also have other options like Clemens Motorsport, HF-Series and Scara73... Im on stage 4 and still did not decide which one to go for
      DS3 Racing | Matt Orange | eTuners Stage III+ | Wössner Forged Pistons | Bastuck De-Cat Exhaust | Bilstein B12 Pro-Kit | AEM Water/Methanol Injection | Motul 300V Competition Oil | Mahle Coated Bearings | Cylinder Head Porting | 100 Octane Juice

Comment

The forge one for me, it just fits (old bumper) and needs little cutout on new bumper. Don't like the single pass on the airtec as the pipeing is to long, can feel the bigger turbolag on the forge compared to the stock ic. So the airtec must be worse.

Comment

Forge is just soooooooooo expensive
          sigpic
          Jog on Noddy

Comment

I bought Clemens years, years ago... was good
            Citroën DS3 Racing 2011 Polar White
            ZRP con rods, Wössner pistons, Forge Ind. Kit, Forge IC hard pipes, etuners S3 (E85, launch control), Clemens-Motorsport IC, cylinder head porting, oil pump mod, Devils Own WMI, Forge BOV, Powerflex rear engine mount, LEDs, Citroen mudflaps, Ragazzon de-cat/200cc sports cat, Mongoose catback

Ex: BMW M135iA (2008) * BMW M3 E46 SMG2 (2003) * Subaru Impreza WRX STi (2007) * BMW M3 E46 (2001) * Seat Leon 1.8 TS4 (2003)
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ragnarok View Post
              I bought Clemens years, years ago... was good
              and after many years, you still here... that's good what u driving these days?
              DS3 Racing | Matt Orange | eTuners Stage III+ | Wössner Forged Pistons | Bastuck De-Cat Exhaust | Bilstein B12 Pro-Kit | AEM Water/Methanol Injection | Motul 300V Competition Oil | Mahle Coated Bearings | Cylinder Head Porting | 100 Octane Juice

Comment

i've got the airtec singlepass one - it's great. I didn't find the lag bad even though I run 1.3bar of boost. Temps are fantastic, usually only rises about 5 degs above ambient even on standing quarter mile runs etc.

Also they do colours. I got black and yellow to match my DS3! Also its cheaper than forge but very very similar.

https://www.airtecmotorsport.com/pro...t-intercooler/
                DS3 THP 155 - stage 2+ remap, milltek sports cat and non resonated exhaust system, airtec FM intercooler and alloy boost pipes, induction kit. Mtech short shifter, VAG recirculation valve with uprated alta spring, uprated hpfp, uprated spark plugs, uprated coil pack, VTA twin pcv to filtered catch can, uprated Sachs clutch, ebc brake pads and vented discs, LED interior lighting, rcz gearknob, Michelin pilot sport 4s, iridium spark plugs

Comment

Originally posted by albish View Post

and after many years, you still here... that's good what u driving these days?
                  I drop by once in a while Should more often I guess.

I've gone through Subies, M3s, 135s, and now as I am a family man I am on a VW Passat GTE wagon
                  Citroën DS3 Racing 2011 Polar White
                  ZRP con rods, Wössner pistons, Forge Ind. Kit, Forge IC hard pipes, etuners S3 (E85, launch control), Clemens-Motorsport IC, cylinder head porting, oil pump mod, Devils Own WMI, Forge BOV, Powerflex rear engine mount, LEDs, Citroen mudflaps, Ragazzon de-cat/200cc sports cat, Mongoose catback

Ex: BMW M135iA (2008) * BMW M3 E46 SMG2 (2003) * Subaru Impreza WRX STi (2007) * BMW M3 E46 (2001) * Seat Leon 1.8 TS4 (2003)
                  sigpic

Comment

Hi, if you have not decided yet, here's my point of view...

Bought dualpass 600x300x76mm (pic attached) for my ds3. But it was a bit too big .

So I went for a smaller one 550x230x65mm and it fits perfectly.

You can get FMIC cheap too, doesn't have to be forge or airtech...

Good luck

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                    X