Induction Kit Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Induction Kit Help!

Hey guys, new to the site and i am looking for some help/advice on what i need for an induction kit on a Citroen DS3 1.6 e-HDi Airdream DStyle. I have been told by a few people that i possibly wouldn't need a full induction kit, possibly just the air filter, but i am not sure!

Any help appreciated :-)

Thanks.

Hi and welcome to the club and forum. There is a GSR induction kit for the eHDi's from Torque 7:

https://www.torque7.co/product/hdi

Depends on why you want it really? If its for a slightly better throttle response and to make it sound more throaty, then go for it.

If it's for a performance gain, then IMO, you'd better going for a remap (at SP Tuning of course) and chuck a K&N, Pipercross or other performance panel filter in to run along side it.

I did the latter and yes I'm biased, but it greatly improved mine. If money is no object, then do both the remap and induction kit!!
    DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Funky View Post
      Hi and welcome to the club and forum. There is a GSR induction kit for the eHDi's from Torque 7:

https://www.torque7.co/product/hdi
      Nice, but pricey..... I mean who gets excited looking at a diesel engine bay.

sigpic
      Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post

Nice, but pricey..... I mean who gets excited looking at a diesel engine bay.
        Hahaha exactly. I just want it to run smooth and fast. I keep it clean in there, but I wouldn't be opening the lid and say "Look at my K&N sticker"

Comment

Thanks guys. I am seriously considering the remap option, with induction kit. A few hundred quid for an extra 30bhp isn't bad really, I'm not bothered about branding just want that bit more power. This will be my first mod to my ds3, theres a bit of cosmetic work needed, where my cars been used as a door stop by inconsiderate a*******s so that will be next on the list.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone more and I will be asking for plenty of advice

Cheers guys.

Comment

remap and sports filter for me- early summer

Get the kettle on James.
            sigpic
            Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
              remap and sports filter for me- early summer
              Good choice. Let us know what gains you get etc.

Comment

Working...
              X