Diesel 1.6 99bhp blue hdi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diesel 1.6 99bhp blue hdi

Hi I recently got a ds3 and I want to do some work to it change the exhaust system get a bit more power out of it give it more of a roor and a bit of a kick up the arse.. Just wondering if anyone has any links or suggestions many thanks

Miltek seems the usual go to, but there are others like Bastuck, Scorpion
    You wont make a lot more power with just an upgraded exhaust

Contact Jamie at SPTuning, who gets on here sometimes- or go to his website

https://www.sptuning.co.uk/

Have a read through what he can do, looks like with a remap you would get a few gains
    sigpic
    Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
      Miltek seems the usual go to, but there are others like Bastuck, Scorpion
      You wont make a lot more power with just an upgraded exhaust

Contact Jamie at SPTuning, who gets on here sometimes- or go to his website

https://www.sptuning.co.uk/

Have a read through what he can do, looks like with a remap you would get a few gains
      Sorry my apologies I didn't break up the sentences I meant to say a new exhaust system and get a bit more power out of it (with a remap) I have emailed the company you have sent me and luckily I'm local! So thank you very much

Comment

Originally posted by Kevinaw19 View Post

Sorry my apologies I didn't break up the sentences I meant to say a new exhaust system and get a bit more power out of it (with a remap) I have emailed the company you have sent me and luckily I'm local! So thank you very much
        Tell him Chris_blue sent you :-)

I went for a Turbo back comprising HJC sports cat, with Bastuck exhaust system, and got around 12 BHP extra :-) with more from a remap

My THP 155 was running just over 200bhp
        Last edited by Chris_Blue; 20-04-2019, 20:19.
        sigpic
        Jog on Noddy

Comment

Tell him Chris_blue sent you :-)

I went for a Turbo back comprising HJC sports cat, with Bastuck exhaust system, and got around 12 BHP extra :-) with more from a remap

My THP 155 was running just over 200bhp
          Hi mate he's said he can only do a remap to get me to about 130bhp said he can't do anything about an exhaust system.. Do you know anyone else who can do mods? I know diesels are a bit harder to mod than petrol

Comment

Hi mate he's said he can only do a remap to get me to about 130bhp said he can't do anything about an exhaust system.. Do you know anyone else who can do mods? I know diesels are a bit harder to mod than petrol
            Well, from 99bhp to 130bhp is a bleeding good start?

Maybe it would be better to get a more powerful car in the first place?

Diesles are pretty much remaps, air filter and DPF removal- not much more can be done
            sigpic
            Jog on Noddy

Comment

Maybe it would be better to get a more powerful car in the first place?

Diesles are pretty much remaps, air filter and DPF removal- not much more can be done
              New car isn't an option
              Know anyone that does exhausts?

Comment

Agreed with all of the above, that Chris_Blue has said. A remap is defo the best option with a performance panel filter. I've done both and it's defo pound for pound the best option and if Jamie can get yours to 130ish from 99bhp, that's a big increase!! Not going down the DPF delete route personally, as its too much messing for not much gain and I want to be able to hear myself speak and my music when I drive too!!

Kevinaw19 - why so much focus on the exhaust? A custom stainless one will last alot longer and will sound a bit more growly, but won't give you much in the way of performance gains that a remap does. You MAY get 5-7bhp more and pay more for a full exhaust system than a remap costs!!
                Last edited by Funky; 25-04-2019, 19:43.
                DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

New car isn't an option
                  Know anyone that does exhausts?
                  You be lucky to get 3 BHP out of a non resonated sports exhaust- its the catalytic converter (Not on a diesel) taken off where the bigger gains from an exhaust come from

sound like a tractor with the DPF removed, too
                  sigpic
                  Jog on Noddy

Comment

New car isn't an option
                    doesn't have to be new- you could get a used DS3 THP 155 for less than £4k if you look hard enough

You could modify that to over 200 bhp

sigpic
                    Jog on Noddy

Comment

Working...
                    X