• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fitting roof bars, help needed

Hi there.

I have some Green valley roof bars:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231009504070

I'm trying to fit them to a 2013 Citroen Ds3 diesel but I just don't get it, I can't see how they will ever be secure. I have flipped open the little access hatch in the roof strips and the instructions are telling me that these two brackets just sit either side of this stud in the hatch, and then two threaded bolts then stick up to attach the bars to. The roof rack won't be attached to the car in any meaningful way if I carry on with it. The instructions are pitiful to say the least. Then there are these plastic wedges and blocks that need to go on but the instructions don't indicate which way the car is facing, etc,etc, etc. If anyone has done this before and can give me some guidance, that would be appreciated.

Nick.

Gulp...anyone?

Comment

Hi I’ve just bought some of these bars too - did you find a solution to fitting them at all?

Comment

Originally posted by ABS View Post
        Hi I’ve just bought some of these bars too - did you find a solution to fitting them at all?
        Unfortunately, no.

Comment

What about you? YOU, yes you. At the back. You look like you know something.

Comment

Originally posted by Stratblue View Post
            What about you? YOU, yes you. At the back. You look like you know something.
            Not me, I like hiding at the back

I am more of a no kids, drop the rear seat backs, and stack luggage in the car :-)

No roof bars ever fitted

sorry

sigpic
            Jog on Noddy

Comment

Working...
            X