Stock THP engine strength

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stock THP engine strength

Hi, I’m just wondering what sort of power you can push through the 155thp engine before having to forge internals ? I’m thinking of putting a 207 turbo into the car with a remap but I’m not sure what they can take. I’m also not sure how much the gearbox and clutch can take before needing a replacement. Any information is much appreciated. Thanks.

What are the best turbo replacement options in 2019/2020 ? I saw a thread from 2017 discussing mamba and Frankenturbo but was wondering if there were any newer solutions. Thanks.

Comment

I was running about 190BHP with no issues on a THP155, but was advised anymore and may well need uprated Sachs clutch

The DS3R same base engine, was running 204BHP and there were quite a few issues with sheared pistons letting loose
      sigpic
      Jog on Noddy

Comment

Is the engine in the 155 the same as the DSR ? i though the THP 150 from 2010-2012 had those issues. Do they carry across ?

Comment

the THP is a standard engine used in several vehicles, and can be upgraded to about 200 BHP

Use in the Peugeot RCZ, Mini, DS3 etc etc

Yes, the base engine 155 is the same in the DS3 R
          sigpic
          Jog on Noddy

Comment

Humm, mine was pushing 240bhp with a 208gti turbo, forge intercooler, high flow sports cat, etc. The hole lot.
            Guess what happend to it? I blew a piston on my holiday in the UK last month.

​​​​​​Haven't looked at her yet, she in the garage under a cover waiting for a rebuild in the future. So beware how much you push out of them. It did last a hole 40k km and the 150's are well know to break a piston.

Comment

Originally posted by V3nn3tj3 View Post
              Humm, mine was pushing 240bhp with a 208gti turbo, forge intercooler, high flow sports cat, etc. The hole lot.
              Guess what happend to it? I blew a piston on my holiday in the UK last month.
              Not surprised you blew a piston- expect the clutch had been upgraded too- not sure about the gearbox and ratios

Needs forged pistons, rods, block etc etc etc

sigpic
              Jog on Noddy

Comment

I build it myself, had help from Jamie for a remap.
                I do not have an uprated clutch, new oem spec Luk one. It worked fine, didn't slip (alot). Only when the torque was high it smelled a little. I didn't know i was going to push 250 out of it when i replaced the clutch. The original gearbox can take a beating, they aren't to bad. I did run gear 300 75w90 in it.
                ​​
                Now saving up to rebuild the engine. Haven't touched it yet but i hope the bores are fine. Going to build it with all forged parts, light flywheel, uprated clutch, put a lsd in there and will be putting a new head on it with 2 variable camshafts instead of one. Going to be running a RZC or 308gti engine ecu. Giving me 270bhp stock. Hoping to get around 300 when remapped.
                ​​​

Comment

Working...
                X