Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCV Rear Delete

Hi everyone,

I've read some things about the rear pcv delete, It decreases the amount of carbon build up on your inlet valves. But does this harms the engine if you cap off the rear pcv, still dont know if its a good or bad mod to the earlier THP engines after reading all the PCV topics. Any suggestions?

Citroën DS3 1.6 THP 150 HP / 110 KW

Current mods:

Airtec Intercooler
    Airtec Boost Pipes
    Scorpion De-Cat & Non-Resonated Cat-Back (custom made valves)
    Forge Induction Kit
    Forge Blow Off Valve
    Forge Oil Catch Can
    Stage 2 Software + pops & bangs

It used to be the recommended thing on the 150's, then for the 155's they reconfigured the PCV set up as far as am aware

A few people had some real problems with blanking the rear PCV, and then stopped doing it

I even got hold of the delete cap, but never did it
    sigpic
    Jog on Noddy

Comment

Hi Chris_Blue

Thanks for the information will definitely go for a second oil catch can, instead of capping the PCV off at the rear

Comment

Originally posted by DS3-NL View Post
        Hi Chris_Blue

Thanks for the information will definitely go for a second oil catch can, instead of capping the PCV off at the rear
        Am I right that the rear PCV pipe is under vacuum and has to be reinforced?
        sigpic
        Jog on Noddy

Comment

Yes the rear PCV opens under vacuüm, will be making reinforced hoses with AN-10 fittings and two custom made PCV plugs with 2 o-rings for the engine side and intake side. Will post some pictures when im going to install it. Need to do some measurements first tomorrow to fit the OCC etc.

Comment

rear pcv block will blow the steam seals ! just use oil catch can every one must run 2 oil catch cans for the rear and side pcv

Comment

Working...
            X