DSport brake upgrade.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DSport brake upgrade.

Does anyone know exactly what would be needed to upgrade the front brakes to the DS3R setup? It's an idea I've got rolling round my head so wanted to see if it was viable.

Discounting the obvious (calipers, discs and pads) is there anything else needed? Are the caliper carriers the same? Will the DSport brake hoses fit straight on to the Brembo calipers?

Any ideas would be great. I'm currently running 200+bhp and the standard front brakes can overheat on a spirited drive sometimes now.
    www.soundcloud.com/therealdmarco

Bigger wheels as they won’t fit inside the 17inch wheels.
    no the brake carrriers are totally different to accommodate the brenbo callipers.
    the brake hoses are different, but the DS3 R hoses should fit in place of the current one you’ve got fitted

Comment

17 inch wheels will fit if they are low offset like the stock 18 inch wheels on the Racing. I think they are ET17
      2012 DS3 Racing black & orange

Comment

why not just upgrade pads 1st and see how u go

I have Mintex 1144s on my Clio Track car and they are miles better than the DS3 pads I have, so gonna swap mine to 1144s soon
        sigpic
        Jog on Noddy

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys. I'm gonna have to go down that upgraded pads route. I'll give those Mintex 1144s a go with maybe some grooved discs too. I'd not thought about wheel issues doh! New wheels are not on the horizon at the moment so the Brembo idea's gonna have to go on the back burner for now.

Comment

Drilled, grooved, or slotted discs are more for show than increased perfromance

Some say the holes and grooves assist cooling, others say that you have less surface area for the pad to connect to

so answer is to get a pad that can tolerate heat increases and not go " brake fade"
            sigpic
            Jog on Noddy

Comment

Thanks for the advice Chris. I'll start with some good pads first though I may still get grooved discs down the line just for the show

Comment

Thanks for the advice Chris. I'll start with some good pads first though I may still get grooved discs down the line just for the show

Comment

Working...
                X