Uprated Camshafts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uprated Camshafts

Has anyone found some uprated camshafts for the THP. Looking for easy power. Already looking at an exhaust and intercooler but dont want to spend the money on a RCZ 200 turbo (yet).

hi the website pug 1 off might help you i have just had a 1 off clutch made for my DS3 and i have every known modification known to this engine a previous build i done had 389 bhp .
    if i were you after all the trials we have done money spent and tests id concentrate on a clutch and flywheel for mid range pick up a camshaft change will get you 12 bhp if your lucky at huge cost .
    below is what you should look for 208 GTI Helix Organic Clutch & Flywheel Kit
    when you order a clutch make sure it has this configuration you will need a slave as it has a flat face also
    this must be the 21x18T spline .for the ds3 upto 2011 its older
    there is not a clutch out there for this ds3 and this will be custom built i am 1 of not many who has a clutch and flywheel that makes my car rev up and down as fast as a motorcross bike sounds awsome .
    we have looked into cams and the stock are fine upto 320bhp so is injectors upto 320bhp and fuel pump fine upto 320 bhp after that and your going to need ?10,000 plus to build your engine .
    a limited slip diff a clutch flywheel a mambo k4 46600 hybrid turbo and slightly bigger intercooler an AEM methanol/water injection kit a downpipe decat and a straight pipe just backbox scorpion sounds best like a rally car tested them all . a decent live remap with meth and all hooked up should get you in the region of 300 + bhp much more if you want and with launch and antilag you should be under 5.0 0-60 mph :-))) the internals of car are really only good upto 180bhp for constant thrashing like using it daily as the pistons conrods and all bolts would need changed .
    go to the site and study the mods mainly all for a 208 gti is where you need to look as its pretty much the same

Comment

hi the website pug 1 off might help you i have just had a 1 off clutch made for my DS3 and i have every known modification known to this engine a previous build i done had 389 bhp .
      if i were you after all the trials we have done money spent and tests id concentrate on a clutch and flywheel for mid range pick up a camshaft change will get you 12 bhp if your lucky at huge cost .
      below is what you should look for 208 GTI Helix Organic Clutch & Flywheel Kit
      when you order a clutch make sure it has this configuration you will need a slave as it has a flat face also
      this must be the 21x18T spline .for the ds3 upto 2011 its older
      there is not a clutch out there for this ds3 and this will be custom built i am 1 of not many who has a clutch and flywheel that makes my car rev up and down as fast as a motorcross bike sounds awsome .
      we have looked into cams and the stock are fine upto 320bhp so is injectors upto 320bhp and fuel pump fine upto 320 bhp after that and your going to need ?10,000 plus to build your engine .
      a limited slip diff a clutch flywheel a mambo k4 46600 hybrid turbo and slightly bigger intercooler an AEM methanol/water injection kit a downpipe decat and a straight pipe just backbox scorpion sounds best like a rally car tested them all . a decent live remap with meth and all hooked up should get you in the region of 300 + bhp much more if you want and with launch and antilag you should be under 5.0 0-60 mph :-))) the internals of car are really only good upto 180bhp for constant thrashing like using it daily as the pistons conrods and all bolts would need changed .
      go to the site and study the mods mainly all for a 208 gti is where you need to look as its pretty much the same
      and remember its the clutch and fly wheel that is the weaklink in a ds3 a huge heavy duel mass flywheel at 13kg makes revving up very slow compared to a single at 4.7 kg and a clutch you can literally drop and your off :-)) which will never break it is such an overlooked modification which is essential even 1 of the first id do on a ds3 to be honest THE CLUTCH AND FLYWHEEL and build on that rock solid base

Comment

https://sportignition.com/product/ca...peugeot-207rc/

Comment

Would upgrading the clutch and flywheel ruin the drivability? As its my only car and i use it daily im a bit worried that it would make driving it a chore. I love driving but sometimes you just need to get from a to b with no hassle.

Comment

Also my ds3 is a 2011 so would i need to get a newer gearbox in order to fit that clutch and flywheel kit?

Comment

I own an early 2010 1.6thp 155 car. My car started slipping after my last remap (235bhp and a lot of mid torgue), it had the early small clutch-flywheel configuration. What i did was to buy a used single mass flywheel from a peugeot 207gti car , 235mm it fitted with out any problems to my gearbox and then i bought a performance clutch for the 207gti . all fitted well also the car now feels a lot more direct and responsive with the single mass flywheel. Also a good gearbox oil will help- I've used redline gear oil

Comment

Working...
              X