Lowering springs help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowering springs help

I am looking for lowering spring options for my car, 1.6 thp 155bhp model on stock coils
    I want to reduce the enormous gap the standard car has between the wheels and the fender and also to improve a bit the handling, I have the standard 17inch Bellone wheels
    also I don't want the car to be too low so that it does not give too much stress to the stock coils and also to prevent the tyres rubbing on the car in speed bumps etc.

From a small research I've done the 3 main popular-high quality lowering springs that work well with stock coils are:
    H&R
    Vogtland
    Eibach

I would prefer the Eibach as it's a well known brand for suspension but the lowering it gives for the ds3 is 20-25mm in front and 10 for the rear, I think it will be very very close to the standard lowering with such a small lowering amount?

Vogtland on the other hand give a standard 30mm front/rear for the ds3 , I don't know if they have the same quality build as the eibach and if 30mm will cause the wheels to rub on the car?

H&R have two versions , one with 30mm lowering and the other one with 25mm lowering, I think the ideal for me would be to go for the 25mm lowering.. A few people that have H&R 30mm springs on their ds3 told me that they are very hard (something i don;t want) - also i don't know if the 25mm lowering h&r springs would be a bit better and not that hard?

Also if anyone was any other suggestions for quality lowering springs feel free to mention them

I have some 45mm lowering springs on mine but it only really lowered the car by around 30mm.

The ride isn't too harsh aslong as the roads are not awful. I'd go with the eibach as they are priced really well but if you want to ensure a better ride I have heard from friends who have used H&R on other cars that the ride is really good.

Comment

Working...
    X