Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seat Belt Rattles Against Pillar

Hi

I'm finding the rattling of the passenger seat belt plug against the inner pillar somewhat irritating when cornering or going over bumps.

I don't want to plug the selt belt in as it'd look daft. I've been Googling for any kind of rubber sheaths/pads you can get to cover the plug with.

Anyone else bothered by this and found a solution? Might have to make one otherwise.

Bigus

Never had the problem sorry

Comment

ya could try these and wedge the clip part into it >>> http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Seat-Belt-...-/270510106292
      e-hdi 90 dsytle all white with ashera's and lonely citroen graphic's and club decals sigpic NCC-1701-C THE ENTERPRISE being rehomed
      Soon to have a Prestige 130 SS in arctic steel metallic with emerald mettalic roof and grey aphrodite wheels

Comment

I've never had a problem. The loop sewn into the belt should hold it away from the pillar; has your buckle got twisted around the belt so that it's between the belt & the pillar?
        Last edited by DaveB; 19-06-2012, 14:41. Reason: Typo!

Comment

Just pop into your dealer and get him to order a seat belt clip, it's only about £4.
          ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
          Bigfeet's File Repository
          The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

I get this. Just push the clip bit all the way up pushing the seatbelt buckle up to the dot thing (dont know what its called). Then it stops wacking the side.
            DS3 120VTi Black + White

Comment

forget rattles! I feel like punching my passengers when they're vacating the car, and let the seat belt smash the side as it's pulls back in! >_<

Comment

Originally posted by PlymTom View Post
                I get this. Just push the clip bit all the way up pushing the seatbelt buckle up to the dot thing (dont know what its called). Then it stops wacking the side.
                Blimey, thanks. Why didn't I think of that lol (it worked nicely btw)

Comment

lol glad u made sense of it.
                  DS3 120VTi Black + White

Comment

Originally posted by Bigus View Post
                    Hi

I'm finding the rattling of the passenger seat belt plug against the inner pillar somewhat irritating when cornering or going over bumps.

I don't want to plug the selt belt in as it'd look daft. I've been Googling for any kind of rubber sheaths/pads you can get to cover the plug with.

Anyone else bothered by this and found a solution? Might have to make one otherwise.

Bigus
                    My dealer replaced the seatbelts for me. The early DS3s didn't have loops to stop rattling behind the buckle. The new ones do and my dealer fitted the new type seatbelts under warranty . I can post a picture if you want.
                    DS3 DSport 150 THP

Comment

Working...
                    X