Auto headlights & rain sensing wipers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto headlights & rain sensing wipers

Got my 2011 THP150 DS3 on Monday and it was originally advertised as having the city pack which had auto wipers and lights, amongst other things. They dealer then told me (before I bought the car) that they'd got that wrong and the one I wanted didn't have the city pack. I bought the car anyway but I was rather looking forward to more gadgets like those!

Does anyone know if it's possible to retro-fit these two options? I guess they'd be difficult and expensive from scratch but I know car manufacturors sometimes fit some of the components of optional systems like these (like wiring) to make it easier for them to fit when the customer specifies them. AM hoping that might be the case for these two..

Bigus

Wouldn't even want to imagine the cost...

Suppose it's possible though...

Comment

It should be possible, though very expensive. You'd need to fit the sensors, maybe extra wiring, & new column stalks, then have the whole lot reprogrammed.

Comment

I wouldn't bother! My lights come on if they even spot a cloud on a sunny day and my wipers only work if someone chucks a bucket of water at the sensor! You cant beat manual operation.

Comment

Originally posted by Buzz61 View Post
          I wouldn't bother! My lights come on if they even spot a cloud on a sunny day and my wipers only work if someone chucks a bucket of water at the sensor! You cant beat manual operation.
          If that's the case I think you need to get your dealer to check your car. I find the lights switch on at appropriate light level, however I do sometimes switch the auto function off to keep the DRL's on as long as possible. As for the auto wipers, I find they work really well, one push down on the stalk to switch the auto function on & forget about them. The wipers work intermittently as required and speed up as the level of rain increases, best wiper system I've had in a car.
          DS3 Racing, also available in White!!!

Comment

I also like the auto wipers & lights.

Frigging reversing beep gets right on my thruppenny bits though.

Comment

Originally posted by Arlow View Post
              If that's the case I think you need to get your dealer to check your car. I find the lights switch on at appropriate light level, however I do sometimes switch the auto function off to keep the DRL's on as long as possible. As for the auto wipers, I find they work really well, one push down on the stalk to switch the auto function on & forget about them. The wipers work intermittently as required and speed up as the level of rain increases, best wiper system I've had in a car.
              I do sometimes feel that they've wired the sensors up the wrong way around! My wipers will speed up when it pisses down, but light to moderate rain seems to pass them by. There has been times I've been driving in a heatwave and the wipers have suddenly started working away quite happily, too. The lights on the other hand come on at the first sign of a cloud. Between this and the MPG issues I'm starting to wonder if mine was built at the Longbridge plant. Still love it though

Comment

Working...
              X