Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modification to air-intake

Hi all,

Instead of getting a pod filter for the DS3 that I have, I have chosen to modify what is already in the car at the moment. It seems that it is easily 'moddable' as the air-intake hosing/piping has mod friendly clips rather than metal clamps.

What I am wondering is, what is the box that is joined directly to the air-intake?

What is the left hole in the air-intake?

Helpful clips.

Cheers,
    Rhys
    '11 Noir Obsidian Citroen DS3 Dstyle 120VTi w/ darkest legal tint, K&N High-flow filter, carbon side strips, deleted resonator, tech pack. SOLD!
    THE BEE '12 Sport Yellow Citroen DS3 DSport THP155 6-spd manual w/ tech pack.

Has been discussed before but I don't think anyone had a plausible answer ? lol

Maybe citroen just wanted to be weird ? :L

Comment

To my understanding that's where the filter picks up it's cold air from. Citroen's master plan was to stick a small plastic box over the area on the THP to trap as much air as possible.
      cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

yah does not do much of anything but funnel outside air to behind the headlight where the engine intake pipe opening is. Keeps down the water and amount of bugs that would get to the air filter if it was a straight shot.
        Originally posted by cyclone
        It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
        Originally posted by Broda
        I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

1.6 VTi 120 Engine yes?

Your mystery part is called an Air Resonator, the air intake tract of the engine will make more noise at certain rpm ranges than at other speeds (it is speed and load sensitive). The resonators job to reduce that noise at different rpms. They typically have very little to no effect on engine power.

...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
          Bigfeet's File Repository
          The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

tht why my thp is really loud sometimes ( sucking air in) from that area ?

Comment

Working...
            X