Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Is better the DS3 D Sport HDI or DS3 D Sport THP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheers for the advice guys went for a new THP ..........Collect it on Saturday from Citroen in Stockport . Many thanks for your advice

Comment

Despite the problems some of us have had, the THP is still a good choice because when it's working well, it's simply terrific (and the 3-year warranty is your best friend!)

Hope you have many trouble-free miles, red-lining it at every opportunity (after you've let it warm up properly, naturally..)

Comment

Originally posted by gar074 View Post
        ...after you've let it warm up properly, naturally..
        Very sound advice, I spoke with a member on here who always lets his THP warm through before opening the taps and guess what, he has had no problems as far as I'm aware.
        ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
        Bigfeet's File Repository
        The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

I've had both, the THP is definantly faster! But this Hdi isn't slow by any means. I have to say I prefer the Hdi it's got plenty of poke for what it is. It's better to drive and I'm averaging 55 to gallon, where as in THP I was getting 35 ish :-/
          I'm waiting for a decent mapp for my Hdi I'm hearing of a stage two mapp that takes her up to 160bhp! It'll slaughter the
          THP then. But it's not widely tested yet and I don't want to break this car!
          There are a few problems with the THP engines maybe not with every bodies but mine had a new cam chain at 16000 miles, my Hdi is at 6000 miles and hasn't skipped a beat yet
          It's upto you

Comment

Yes- leave the engine idling for a minute before setting off, and before turning off.
            Dont bring the turbo in till temperature reached
            THP will beat any standard diesel, and reckon even a modded diesel.
            Would beat in a standing start, for acceleration, hands down IMO
            Test drove a Racing couple days ago and it was quick, a bit quicker than a THP.
            Not enough to buy a new one for £25k
            Still- we all have our opinions
            11,500 miles in me
            CBLUE
            sigpic
            Jog on Noddy

Comment

Working...
            X