DS3 Exhaust, Warranty and Finance Agreement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS3 Exhaust, Warranty and Finance Agreement

Hi guys just a quick question has anyone had a new exhaust system put on their DS3 an after market one on finance and taken it in for a service etc have citroen mentioned anything about it?. Just I've my service coming up shortly and I'm wondering what they will say about having an aftermarket exhaust fitted? It was professionally fitted and has a lifetime warranty. But would the finance company say anything aswell and if so what are the consequences of breaking the agreement in that way? I still have the standard exhaust system here but if I can avoid it being refitted or if the consequences aren't too bad I.e loss of warranty on the part.
    Thanks in advance

I Have and no they never said anything,I've also had warranty work done since

Comment

Originally posted by ZACK View Post
      I Have and no they never said anything,I've also had warranty work done since
      Ah thats some good news then are you on the finance agreement with yours though Zack?

Comment

I am indeed

Comment

Originally posted by ZACK View Post
          I am indeed
          Alright then it's just like I say i have a service soon but I've got to take my DS3 in for a window issue on the drivers side squealling every time it goes up or down tried cleaning the window and the rubber seal but still does it so got to take it to citroen to have a look. Hoping they won't mention it while I'm there on Monday . Are the chances they mention it quite low??

Comment

The exhaust isn't covered by the warranty anyway so replacing it wouldn't cause an issue. In regards to the finance company you are in breach of your agreement if you don't tell them which is quite serious.
            ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
            Bigfeet's File Repository
            The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet View Post
              The exhaust isn't covered by the warranty anyway so replacing it wouldn't cause an issue. In regards to the finance company you are in breach of your agreement if you don't tell them which is quite serious.
              Thanks for clearing that up Bigfeet just out of interest what are the consequences of having breached an agreement, I have emailed across to inform them but have yet to recieve a reply.
              Nothing seemed to happen work wise at the dealer today apart from the tech's giving the car a bit of a rev for the exhaust =)
              Also while im here would painting the brake calipers cause any issues warranty wise as its only a lick of paint?

Comment

Working...
              X