No announcement yet.

Mud flaps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes same for me, the Front fitted in 15 mts. and the Rear took about 45 mts. due to the wheel removal, the thing to remember with the rear is locate the Push In plastic plug at the bottom first then lift up the flaps and drill for the self tappers.

They fit really well and look the biz.

Comment

just been quoted £193 fitted by the local citroen dealer. robbin bastids.
      ds3 1.6 hdi dsport plus in polar white and black roof

Comment

Originally posted by tonyt4265 View Post
        just been quoted £193 fitted by the local citroen dealer. robbin bastids.
        That's Shocking !!!

You Can Get Both Sets For Around £50 From John Nicol And They're Simple To Fit Yourself

Comment

Fit them your self.

You just need a drill for making screw holes, and to take your rear wheels off.
          sigpic.

| DStyle Nav 1.2 PureTech 110 |
          Third time around.
          Work in Progress

Comment

im disabled so any rolling about on the floor is a no goer
            ds3 1.6 hdi dsport plus in polar white and black roof

Comment

Mudflaps supplied and fitted front and rear all in £110- Ford lifestyle
              sigpic
              Jog on Noddy

Comment

Hi, just got the wifes new D Style Plus today and the instructions aren't overly clear where you drill the holes for the rear mudflaps. Are the holes drilled into the inside lip of the bumper/arch? The screws supplied look a bit beefy for the lip. Appreciate and help

Comment

Pretty sure the holes that needed drilling were in to the metal part of the car
                  sigpic.

Third time around.
                  Work in Progress

Comment

Nope the rear ones actually drill into the narrow edge of the rear bumper which is plastic. I have actually removed mine as I think they spoil the look of the rear end and don't seem to do a lot as far as protection is concerned. In fact if you PM me I'll sell you the rears for a tenner plus P&P. They are as new and include the screws. I'll download the fitting instructions from citroen.service and send those with the flaps.

Comment

Thanks DavidDS3 i already had a full set prior to getting the wifes car and after reading your post they are now fitted, had to buy a wheel brace first to take the rear wheels off (my Insignia doesn't have jack/brace either) other than that a pretty quick job. Thankyou for you reply

Comment

omg sorry to revive a thread BUT I fitted the front mudflaps myself and never again lol it took me two hours !! it was freezing cold I couldn't feel my hands I had to drill the front ones in to the front splashguard. I am sure I read here I didn't have to lol hold up well though but still hear things flying up now and then smashing the sill

Comment

Hi Kyle. Couldn't be assed to fit them myself, so got a garage to do it last year.

When I got the car back, wondered why they were a bit flappy, and not solid on the car. Then went over a high kerb (at Citroen Brighton festival event last May actually) and understood why. They are fitted in a flappy fashion with plastics panel pins, so that if you hit a kerb or something, the mudflap dislodges and comes away rather than rips off the part of the vehicle it's attached too.

So these mudflaps aren't designed to be drilled and fixed permanent in my opinion. They are designed to come away from the car if hit

CBLUE
                          sigpic
                          Jog on Noddy

Comment

They have to be drilled on the front in to the metal body work at one point, but the other 2 are plastic plugs, I have never hit my front mud guards only the back ones which took 3/4 hits and never moved.
                            sigpic.

Third time around.
                            Work in Progress

Comment

Rick- your right bout the front. My error

It's the back that's plastic pin fixed only
                              CBLUE
                              sigpic
                              Jog on Noddy

Comment

My fronts are just clipped on as per instructions rear say need drilling so cba. Fronts are all but pointless they are that small took about 30 mins to fit

Comment

Working...
                                X