X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by marioiturri View Post
    Hey guys,

I just installed this part.

When the car is idle I can feel a lot more vibration from the engine. When I'm running it goes back to stock specs.
    This vibration as the car is idle is what is bothering me, is that normal? Or that happens only in the beginning as the rubber settles in?

Thanks!
    What a surprise you put a piece of hard urathane it the soft rubber bushing and now you can feel more vibration! As with all things its a trade off. Lessening the engine movement relative to the drive axel improves the shift feeling at the expense of more vibration. Just as putting shorter harder springs on the car makes it handle better but makes the ride worse. Can't have your cake and eat it too.
    Originally posted by cyclone
    It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
    Originally posted by Broda
    I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Sorry for posting in such an old thread, but it's also about PowerFlex, so why not?

Have somebody tested the PowerFlex mods from the DS4 on the DS3? Because you can have much more upgrades for the DS4 as for the DS3 (Why?). Or have someone enough time and motivation to drive to Uxbridge, the PowerFlex HQ, as a test subject? :rolleyes:
      Citroën DS³ // THP 155 // Body Ruby Red // Roof Moondust
      DS³R Speedometer // 19" OEM Cairns // KW V3 Coilovers

Comment

Looks like PowerFlex also have a "black series" of the aforementioned mount which they claim is 25% stiffer than the purple one. The black one is named PFF50-509BLK. I'm ordering mine off of eBay now
        2012 DS3 Racing black & orange

Comment

Powerflex is only dow the orad from me. May be worth me dropping in one day to get answers straight from the horses mouth as to what options they have for mods for all models?
          Knock Knock?

Comment

Originally posted by liamlazenby View Post
            Powerflex is only dow the orad from me. May be worth me dropping in one day to get answers straight from the horses mouth as to what options they have for mods for all models?
            That would be much appreciated

Can't seem to find any products for the DS3 although some parts clearly cross over from the 207 GTi and such. I would very much like to know if there are PowerFlex products for the DS3 (Racing) suspension as I have ordered a KW coilover kit and are looking to maybe upgrade som bushings as well.

Comment

I will do my best, i can't say when I will be able to get down there, but I won;t mind taking this one for the team.
              Knock Knock?

Comment

Originally posted by liamlazenby View Post
                I will do my best, i can't say when I will be able to get down there, but I won;t mind taking this one for the team.
                No rush.. cheers

Comment

Installed my "black series" Powerflex rear engine mount last night. The shifts are a lot more precise now and the power feels more direct, but the vibrations are just too much... I knew there was going to be a tradeoff but wow! what an insane difference in noise and vibrations. Gonna have it on for some time to see if can get used to it but it probably have to go.

Comment

Originally posted by notrix View Post
                    Installed my "black series" Powerflex rear engine mount last night. The shifts are a lot more precise now and the power feels more direct, but the vibrations are just too much... I knew there was going to be a tradeoff but wow! what an insane difference in noise and vibrations. Gonna have it on for some time to see if can get used to it but it probably have to go.
                    Try a standard one filled with silicone & left to set or glue from a hot glue gun still stiffer than standard but not as stiff as the power flex conversion

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Markymark View Post
                      Try a standard one filled with silicone & left to set or glue from a hot glue gun still stiffer than standard but not as stiff as the power flex conversion

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
                      Yup.. probably gonna try that

Comment

So you have found out why the black series is marketed as "for the track and ready to race".
                        Originally posted by cyclone
                        It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                        Originally posted by Broda
                        I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Originally posted by cyclone View Post
                          So you have found out why the black series is marketed as "for the track and ready to race".
                          Absolutely lol.. I was expecting something like this but I was like "how bad could it be".. turns out.. pretty bad

Comment

Working...
                          X