Just Fitted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Fitted

Just fitted the K&N panel Air filter defo looks better than the paper one sounds abit better too

just looking at the engine bay and all this black plastic covering needs sorting

hmmm :/

Chrome it up,

Comment

Originally posted by DSL3NNY View Post
      Just fitted the K&N panel Air filter defo looks better than the paper one sounds abit better too

just looking at the engine bay and all this black plastic covering needs sorting

hmmm :/
      what shape was your filter ie like a letterbox oblong? mine arrived today and i think it is for the petrol one. The one i need is for the 1.6 diesel which is squared. any help would be nice, cheers, mark
      Life's too short to grow up! ;0)

Comment

Hi mbartlett, have just got gotmy third K&N filterfor 1.6 discel as same as your an k&N have just stopped them for diesel DS3 as they do not as yet.

Comment

Originally posted by mbartlett View Post
          what shape was your filter ie like a letterbox oblong? mine arrived today and i think it is for the petrol one. The one i need is for the 1.6 diesel which is squared. any help would be nice, cheers, mark
          I Had This Problem Too 1st Time Round...

Comment

Yes -- They dont do a diesel k*n filter! buggers!!! I have removed the whole filter system - under separate thread and added a mushroom filter, as there was not 'mushroom' under the bonnet ;o) lol lol

Comment

Yeah They Do Mark It's Part Number: 33-2936 - That's The 1 Diesels Need For Any Derv Owners Out There...

The 1 In My Picture Above Is 33-2847 - Avoid...

Comment

hi zack,

On their website it say this tho: petrol 1.6 turbo
                Part 33-2936
                Product Specifications
                Product Style: Panel Air Filter
                Height: 0.875 in (22 mm)
                Outside Length: 14.25 in (362 mm)
                Outside Width: 5.75 in (146 mm)

the length and width is the wrong size ie oblong- i ended up removing the whole system in the end tho... but this is good information if there is a diesel k&n fitler that fits?

Part 33-2847 Product Specifications
                Product Style: Panel Air Filter
                Height: 1.125 in (29 mm)
                Outside Length: 12.5 in (318 mm)
                Outside Width: 4.438 in (113 mm)
                This is the other wrong part and size.

Comment

Originally posted by mbartlett View Post
                  Outside Length: 14.25 in (362 mm)
                  Outside Width: 5.75 in (146 mm)
                  Ah F*ck It...

I Just Asked The Company I Bought The Wrong One Off An They Assured Me That 33-2936 Would Fit...

Lucky You Showed Me That Mark !

Theiving Bar-Stewards !...

Comment

sorry for that bad news ;-( there is nothing more annoying that being happy that it has arrived to be then let down by it not fitting!!

Try removing the initial induction assembly and you will be left with just a pipe. you can the fit a k&n filter cone on to this... this is the next easiest thing.

Comment

sorry... forgot to say and remove the paper filter afterwards ;o) you need to improve the air duct on the grill tho by removing/cutting the letterbox size... this improves the air flow considerably...

Comment

Yeah I Fitted A K&N Cone 1st But I Didnt Think It Made That Much Noise Difference Under The Bonnet While Revving So I Returned That And Thought Id Try The Panel Filter...

Oh Well Back To The Cone For Me...

lol

Comment

Working...
                        X