Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• window tinting

open to all full members

a choice of 4 shades of black on the 2 rear qtrs & rear screen cost to you £140 you come to us
    by a professional company who work on high spec cars ie merc / jaguar ETC
    normal cost 175 Plus vat
    if you fancy it done give me a shout or pm me
    ron
    have sold the racing but ive still got the ultra prestige

Counts me out then
    CBLUE
    sigpic
    Jog on Noddy

Comment

hi chris if we can get 3 or 4 we could al of them in one day and the price would come down a fair bit as well price would come down to £110 per car
      Last edited by the guardian; 17-11-2012, 16:47.
      have sold the racing but ive still got the ultra prestige

Comment

No worries
        CBLUE
        sigpic
        Jog on Noddy

Comment

Guardian are the driver and passenger front windows allowed to be tinted? Unsure what the law states

Comment

I think front windows need to let 70 percent of light through, the Police nowadays have a device that can measure this.

Comment

Cheers pmk much appreciated

Comment

i could supply my ds3 and my astra vxr if 2 more people in the area want to take up the offer ???

Comment

Originally posted by the guardian View Post
                  a choice of 4 shades of black on the 2 rear qtrs & rear screen cost to you £140 you come to us
                  by a professional company who work on high spec cars ie merc / jaguar ETC
                  normal cost 175 Plus vat
                  Jesus Christ, you'd have to target the owners of high spec cars with too much money at those prices.

2 Local to me ( Both professional companies ), one charges £60 for the rear 3 panels on any 3 door car and the other charges £70 - Both inclusive of vat. So you'd normally charge £210 all in to tint 3 pieces of glass ? The amount of tint needed for a DS3 wouldn't cost you more than £20 and I'm guessing to allow 1.5 hours in terms of labour / fitting time... Nice little profit per car by there...

Comment

Yeah that does seem to be on the steep side... I'm getting the two fronts to match the privacy tint at the back later this week for just £40

Comment

have you got the name of the companies you used down our way Zack?

Comment

Was gonna say.. Had my back and rear sides done for £40 including the tint..
                        cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

First time Ive understood that, is it only THP models and Racings that already have back and sides heaily tinted as standard?
                          CBLUE
                          sigpic
                          Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
                            First time Ive understood that, is it only THP models and Racings that already have back and sides heaily tinted as standard?
                            Dstyle up have rear tints as standard. So only the 1.4 DSign that doesn't.

Also:

I think, that as much as it doesn't look it, the fronts are also tinted to within the law spec. Anything darker is illegal, obviously. Adding anything to this will take it over the legal amount. I might be wrong (it has been known) but I asked about tinting for my Sisters car as she has really bad photosensitivity and struggles on really sunny days to see, so I thought this would help her. But the guy said it will have been done as standard....... but not 100% if he knew what he was talking about/if I was listening

Q: How dark can I go on the front windows?
                            A: Any car from factory standard has between 70% to 75% light passing through the front windows even 70% tint on them window can break the legal limit no tint on front windows is legal.

More info here

VOSA pdf if you still need clarification

Irrelevant of how much they are/not tinted. Just doesn't seem worth it. You could run the risk and never get stopped by the police, but if the day comes you have any kind of crash, this will be a contributing factor and won't do much for your claim/insurance.
                            My DS3R3... nearly....
                            New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

A colleague from work was stopped the other day in her Saxo cos her front windows were too dark and the police would not let her go until she had removed the additional tints.

In this part of the world if you have all your windows tinted you are considered to be a Drug Dealer or worse.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X