Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New CD Player and any potenial problems?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New CD Player and any potenial problems?

Hi Everyone,

I am collecting my brand new DS3 D-Style on Tuesday and I literally can not wait!!!!!! Mid December me and my old K11 Micra decided to have a fight with the back end off a lorry and we lost, only just though!

Anyway I have been looking on here for a few months now and been trying to find out as much as I can about the car and the only problem I have now if I don't know what I will need when switching the CD Player with a new aftermarket one as I would still like the display to work and I would still like to use the controls on the steering wheel. I managed to salvage my old sub and speakers from my Micra and would like to throw them in my new DS3 but need to know what CD Player to buy that would be compatible in the new DS3 with regards to everything else working!

Thanks in advance and sorry if there is already something about this.

Potential... My bad.

Comment

Everything you need to know is in here from the How To guides!

Sorted me out when I installed a Sony MEX-BT3900U and kept my parking sensors and stalk controls.

Don't think there's a way to keep the radio station displaying on the screen, but the date and trip computer are still available.

Comment

Just a heads up for you, i also tried to put my Sony aftermarket radio into my ds3 but it was unsuccessful. i used a Connects2 adaptor but the radio would not connect!! when i put the car into reverse the radio would play for a second then go off. i have had to live with the standard one!!

Comment

Cheers Tommo that's a massive help! I've been looking at this http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/s...Id_165474#tab1 so hopefully my DS3 will be bopping all over the place come Friday!!

Thanks again!

Comment

Originally posted by percentrix View Post
            Cheers Tommo that's a massive help! I've been looking at this http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/s...Id_165474#tab1 so hopefully my DS3 will be bopping all over the place come Friday!!

Thanks again!
            erm, thought I'd just point out that the one you've linked doesn't play CD's . . .
            DS 3 1.6 THP 165 DSport - Ink Blue body / Black roof.

Comment

Working...
            X