Yet another tuning box RaceChip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet another tuning box RaceChip

So one of my friends who I know from my local car club/forum has started to sell RaceChip products as a distributor. Now usually I don't give these tuning boxes a second look, but these seem fairly reputable. I have the revised engine in the THP155 (the more frugal one) and apparently these boxes are compatible with it. My friends price for the RaceChip ultimate undercuts Viezu's tune by about $150 (as a uni student, that is a large amount of money). I also see that MortenT has one fitted in his car too.

Here is a link of the product (I'd be choosing the ultimate one);
    http://www.racechip.de/en/chiptuning...15kw/index.php

For myself I'm still leaning towards the Viezu tune as they come with drivetrain and engine warranty for 2 years and I've known the local distributor for a few years now. I can probably lop another $50 off Viezu's official price because of that. The only downside is that the distributor said that he might need to take apart the ECU because it is the revised version.

Now my question really is what are people's thoughts on this RaceChip? and Would you also choose the Viezu option over RaceChip.
    '11 Noir Obsidian Citroen DS3 Dstyle 120VTi w/ darkest legal tint, K&N High-flow filter, carbon side strips, deleted resonator, tech pack. SOLD!
    THE BEE '12 Sport Yellow Citroen DS3 DSport THP155 6-spd manual w/ tech pack.

Remap every time.

The risk with a tuning box really isn't worth it.
    cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Originally posted by Dangerousfish View Post
      Remap every time.

Wot he said.

JB

Comment

Originally posted by Dangerousfish View Post
        Remap every time.

My thoughts as well and my old man destroyed his previous Freelander 2 with one too. :/

On a side note, I see you have the Forge induction mod. I'm thinking about getting that in about July-August (when tax return arrives). Is it worth the money?
        '11 Noir Obsidian Citroen DS3 Dstyle 120VTi w/ darkest legal tint, K&N High-flow filter, carbon side strips, deleted resonator, tech pack. SOLD!
        THE BEE '12 Sport Yellow Citroen DS3 DSport THP155 6-spd manual w/ tech pack.

Comment

Originally posted by THE_EGG View Post
          My thoughts as well and my old man destroyed his previous Freelander 2 with one too. :/

On a side note, I see you have the Forge induction mod. I'm thinking about getting that in about July-August (when tax return arrives). Is it worth the money?
          I've never done a side by side with just the induction and as standard. Personally, I love the sound and the look so it's worth it in my eyes ^_^
          cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Stay away from Tuning Boxes... Full Stop...

Comment

Originally posted by ZACK View Post
              Stay away from Tuning Boxes... Full Stop...
              I'll second or is it third or fourth that.
              Originally posted by cyclone
              It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
              Originally posted by Broda
              I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Naff!
                And Naff!

www.SPTuning.co.uk
                Facebook.com/SPTuning.Ltd
                White on red THP
                Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

Working...
                X