BOV question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BOV question

Im just curious on the difference between BOV http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/con...oduct=FMDVDS3A and Recir BOV http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/con...oduct=FMDVDS3R Are they both blow off valves?

the first makes the psssst sound and the second is quiet

Comment

as far as im aware ones a quiet one the other isnt. wether or not you want the hiss every time you lift your right foot or not. could be wrong so stanby for dangerousfish and others to elaborate:

Comment

A standard Bov will release the air that's about to be spoiled the the turbo. A good recirc will hold that air just before the turbo to help reduce lag.

The standard Bov makes a better sound though
        cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Ah cool, thanks guys. I do like the psst sound, but the quiet one help alot with turbo lag or is it nominal?

Comment

Originally posted by Dyu View Post
            Ah cool, thanks guys. I do like the psst sound, but the quiet one help alot with turbo lag or is it nominal?
            I haven't driven a DS3 with the recirc so couldn't comment I doubt the difference would be noticeable though.

If you search for "Dangerousfish" on youtube you should find a video of what the BOV sounds like.
            cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Originally posted by Dangerousfish View Post
              If you search for "Dangerousfish" on youtube you should find a video of what the BOV sounds like.
              Here you go: DangerousFish Uploads
              - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
              - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

I have the Recirculation one.
                Together with the Forge Induction Kit it makes also the same PSSST sound.
                Differnece between the standard and the Forge one is that with the Forge you'll only get the sound after some hard acceleration.
                With the standard valve you hear this sound every time you lift the throttle (also when driving normally)
                DS3 THP Sport Chic Blanc Banquise / Noir Onyx - Forge Pipe Kit - Forge Induction Kit - Forge Recirculating Valve - Custom Intercooler - H&R 25mm

Comment

Cheers guys. I probably opt for the forge induction, recir BOV, remap and a sports cat with full exhaust after the warranty expires. Time to save up the pennies

Comment

Working...
                  X