DStyle VTi 120bhp mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DStyle VTi 120bhp mods

What mods could be made to the Dstyle VTi 120bhp petrol increase power and fuel economy?
    Could it ever match the THP??

* I'm not about to give up on my THP just yet.... just asking the question!

Originally posted by beck_4ever View Post
    What mods could be made to the Dstyle VTi 120bhp petrol increase power and fuel economy?
    Could it ever match the THP??

* I'm not about to give up on my THP just yet.... just asking the question!
    You could do quite a few mods but I'm not sure if anybody believes there's a point for the vti..

Exhaust, air intake, add a turbo/supercharger, remap, etc..

There isn't a car that can't be modded - It's whether or not there's actually a point that stops most people.
    cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

None.

Remap will get like 4bhp, air filter change might get like 2. But nothing much. Fun huh?

Unless you just do a engine rebuild and add all the bits it's 'missing'

Further reading:
      My DS3R3... nearly....
      New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Power AND fuel economy? those normally don't go together Not much out there for a VTI

Could put this on http://boutique.citroenracing.com/pr...d_product=5889 Should make a couple of HP
        Originally posted by cyclone
        It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
        Originally posted by Broda
        I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

I ditched my 120VTi in favour of the THP155 due to the fact that when I did some sums, it worked out cheaper to trade in the old car and get a run out 2012 THP155 at the end of last year than it was to upgrade the old one. Also it meant that my warranty would say bye bye. It was especially cheaper as I don't have the capability/experience to do many mods. Brake pads, air filter and spark plugs would be about as much I could do without worrying if I broke something.

But as above, exhaust, air intake, spark plugs, engine piping mods etc are available. Apparently Viezu now have an OBD tune for the 120VTi (according to their database).

The biggest thing I would do in the 120VTi would be rip out as much stuff as possible to save weight (rear seats, spare wheel etc). This will give performance AND economy.
          '11 Noir Obsidian Citroen DS3 Dstyle 120VTi w/ darkest legal tint, K&N High-flow filter, carbon side strips, deleted resonator, tech pack. SOLD!
          THE BEE '12 Sport Yellow Citroen DS3 DSport THP155 6-spd manual w/ tech pack.

Comment

Originally posted by THE_EGG View Post
            Apparently Viezu now have an OBD tune for the 120VTi (according to their database).
            +7 bhp
            +10 nm

Per the above, pointless..
            cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Thanks guys.

I'm sure ill love the THP more, it's just the crappy timing issues that is getting me down.
              I won't swap....

I suppose ill just have to fork out for extended warranty every year for £225 until I'm 99% confident the engine is okay.

Comment

Reliability and that will will get your destination eventually are two pro's for the 120.
                My DS3R3... nearly....

Comment

Really ? Another one of these threads ?...

Comment

I need excitement though too :redface:

Comment

Originally posted by WTF View Post
                      Reliability and that will will get your destination eventually are two pro's for the 120.
                      was waiting for someone to defend the lovely 120 haha - I love mine, even if it isn't the fastest

Comment

[QUOTE=DS3_JO;94455 I love mine, even if it isn't the fastest [/QUOTE]

That is what matters the most!

Comment

I've got a 120 and I love it too now I have the dsport spoiler and dsport exhaust fitted it looks and even sounds better than the dsport itself, probably because the bore on the old exhaust was smaller than the new one so it sounds quite beefy and fruity ha all in all I'm happy and going to keep it for aslong as I can
                          Ds3 Dstyle + white with black top!! all new headlight bulbs, 100w main beam bulbs, SMD sidelights, custom rocker cover, lego dust caps, lime green calipers front and back, colour coded badges, tailored floor matts, citroen wind deflectors, carbon front splitter, carbon side skirts, carbon rear diffuser!

Comment

Ohhhh, we get to see it on Sunday
                            My DS3R3... nearly....

Comment

I know it's not a DS3 however I've recently (last couple of days) had a stainless longlife exhaust fitted on my C4 which also has the VTi 120 and it's much better than the original! Not too loud which is nice (Mild Sport) but enough to make a difference. Citroen wanted £210+ for a mild steel backbox, and longlife did a custom stainless one for £170 - a no brainer...:cool:

Performance difference, hardly anything as it's just a backbox... Cat Back could be on the cards for the future though...

Pic Link.

Indeed not much out there for the VTi - make it breathe better with exhaust/intake are the "usuals" though.
                              Franklin
                              Citroen C4 By Loeb THP - Sport Red

Comment

Working...
                              X