Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing Ashera alloys to bellones!

Yo! Im new to the forum and just looking for some advice 😃

I have just got a ds3 automatic which comes as standard with 16" Ashera alloy wheels and im booked in tomorro at the local citroen dealers to get them changed over to 17" bellone alloys.

I got told i could put them on myself as it was a simple switch over however i then got told the speedo and abs might need resetting and reprogramming hence the reason im paying citroen £50 to change the wheels over and update the systems if need be. I was just wondering if anyone else has done this? And if they had to reset anything? Any advice is welcome 😃 thanks

Originally posted by Mits-88 View Post
    Yo! Im new to the forum and just looking for some advice ��

I have just got a ds3 automatic which comes as standard with 16" Ashera alloy wheels and im booked in tomorro at the local citroen dealers to get them changed over to 17" bellone alloys.

I got told i could put them on myself as it was a simple switch over however i then got told the speedo and abs might need resetting and reprogramming hence the reason im paying citroen £50 to change the wheels over and update the systems if need be. I was just wondering if anyone else has done this? And if they had to reset anything? Any advice is welcome �� thanks
    I changed my bellones to 18's, the speedo is only very slightly out so I haven't had anything adjusted.

Easy enough to do yourself with a decent jack.
    cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

I remember my 16" wheels looked so out of place on my old auto DS3. Very happy with the Bellones now on the new DSport. The speedo shouldn't change as the rolling diameter should be the same as the old one (that's what a Citroen 'technician' told me when I considering upping my wheels to the bellones when I had my old DS3). Can't comment on the ABS sensors though, it would make sense if they need reprogramming though because of differing weights etc. 50pounds isn't much to pay though so I wouldn't worry about it.
      '11 Noir Obsidian Citroen DS3 Dstyle 120VTi w/ darkest legal tint, K&N High-flow filter, carbon side strips, deleted resonator, tech pack. SOLD!
      THE BEE '12 Sport Yellow Citroen DS3 DSport THP155 6-spd manual w/ tech pack.

Comment

The stock tire on your Ashera wheels are 195/55/16 and the Bellones are 205/45 17. So when we figure the speedometer reading at say 65mph the difference is only 0.5mph slower for the 17in rims well within tolerance no adjustments are necessary. Happy Motoring!
        Originally posted by cyclone
        It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
        Originally posted by Broda
        I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Thanks guys for all the help im just going to stick with it and take it to them tomorro that way if there is anything that needs doing they can sort it out as £50 is not too bad. When i first thought about changing the wheels i got told you couldnt even upgrade to the bellones but i then found out from citroen that the hub sizes are the same on both wheels so im guessing i can hopefully! Fingers crossed! ��

Comment

Originally posted by Mits-88 View Post
            Thanks guys for all the help im just going to stick with it and take it to them tomorro that way if there is anything that needs doing they can sort it out as £50 is not too bad. When i first thought about changing the wheels i got told you couldnt even upgrade to the bellones but i then found out from citroen that the hub sizes are the same on both wheels so im guessing i can hopefully! Fingers crossed! ��
            Those bellones will slide on just like they are made for your car.....which they are!
            Originally posted by cyclone
            It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
            Originally posted by Broda
            I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Thanks cyclone haha i was feeling nervous just because i was worried they wont go on ��

Comment

I'd have saved the £50 and put them on your self, I had the 16x6.5 Asheras and I've gone up to 18x8.5's without having the speedo re-programmed. Difference is very minimal.

Comment

Originally posted by ZACK View Post
                  I'd have saved the £50 and put them on your self
                  I seem to recall that one of your wheels tried to change itself, Zack!

(Sorry mate, it's been a while since we gave that one an airing)

Comment

Working...
                  X