Techy advice needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Techy advice needed

Alright all you techies, I have a theory and want your expertise.

As I have the 99g diesel model I probably have the most restricted engine in the range. Does that mean that it has the most potential to improve? Does it have a different (smaller) turbo?

What would be the easiest or cheapest "bang for bucks" and exactly what changes do write off your warranty?

Anyone else with the 99g model here?

Jimbob

First thing to do is the air filter (by making the intake breathe easy - panel filter being the easiest option - although k&n do not currently do one at the moment - but check piper cross out)
    Next is to let the car expel exhaust fumes easier - remove silencer and maybe dpf - will need ecu remap to disable dpf.
    Diesel tuning chip or remap ideally or both for extra fuelling and boosting for increase power.

You can also disable the egc valve for better response at lower revs - again via the ecu. cheers, mark
    Life's too short to grow up! ;0)

Comment

Cheers Mark

I will translate all that and make a start with the filter!!!!

Regards

James

Comment

I also have the 99g version, and it desperately needs more life injecting into it, however.......

Yes, it has a smaller, fixed vane turbo, that is supposed to be designed for low revving, but I find needs the exact opposite. Also, the gearing is longer than the 'normal' 92hp HDI. I have not yet found somewhere that offers a remap for the 99g, nor have I managed to find out if remapping it as if it were a 'normal' 92hp would cause problems.

I've fitted K&N filters etc on previous cars, and never noticed the slightest bit of difference in either power or economy with either their uprated panel or cone filters. A clean paper filter is probably just as good, and the car will only breathe as much air as it needs anyway.

Never got involved with removing DPF and stuff like that, but personally I'd leave it alone. It's there for a reason. However, I appreciate some people are really into de-restricting the car and heavily modifying. Each to their own, but with removing parts and changing so many things it can surely only lead to warranty and resale problems.

Just my cautious observations!

Comment

Cheeers Elray

Interesting observation on filters, might do nothing now and wait!

What part of Cheshire you driving round? I work for Cheshire East Council, get around a lot but yet to see another DS3 on the road!

James

Comment

99g doesn't have an intercooler.

Comment

I'm usually around Middlewich, Northwich, Winsford areas. I have a white one with blue roof. Only seen one other around my way - a grey one.

Only the 110 has an intercooler doesn't it?

Comment

Believe so.

Will wave when I see you!

James

Comment

OK, I'll keep my eyes peeled for another DS3. What colour is your's?

Comment

Black with white roof and someones else's leather!!!

James

Comment

Working...
                    X