Chrome Extras

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chrome Extras

Have decided to 'pimp' up my DStyle and add some chrome bits for that extra 'sparkle'!

I definitely want the side bits and the front grill surround and probably the front/rear light inserts. Wondering what you all thought to the other bits available ie, around fog lights, number plate and back window. Not going to bother with the wing mirrors as I like my white ones.:confused:

I've got the side "baguettes", the fog light & rear light trims. I think cars without the side trims look as though something's missing. Both the fog light & rear light trims, in my opinion, make the car look much more "upmarket".

I decided against the front grille trim, as it looks incomplete. If I could fit the DSport style trim I 'd definitely go for it, but I believe that would involve replacing the shiny black bit in the middle of the grille.

Not sure about the headlight trims - I need to see them in real life (doesn't help that the accessories catalogue & Citroen's website show pictures of a car without them!). The number plate & rear window trims may, I think, be a step too far.

Comment

I got the chrome inserts for the back lights, the teardrop bit that fills the gap on the front lights along with the bottom bumper grille piece and the fog surrounds. Have stopped there though, think it looks good enough now.

Haven't got a pic of the fog surrounds as yet, but you get the idea!
      Attached Files

Comment

Agree with Dave that the side bits definitely give it a 'finished look'.

It was your pics Rob that swung it for me in the first place on your previous thread. I like the front chrome bit as it looks like the car is smiling - sorry, I know thats a very girly comment ! Saw the fog light surrounds on another car in the showroom and thought they looked good so may well go for those too. Going to get it fitted at the garage as I am not mechanically minded at all and I have my nails to think about.

Its the bits at the back that I am not sure of though having never seen them in the flesh.

Comment

Here you go sparkle, the side rubbing strips are a must, you commented on them before
          and here's the front bits all bar the headlight ad on
          the only chrome on the back is a strip on the number plate let me know if you want to see this and I will post a pic.
          Your car is sport red if I'm not mistaken same as mine, I too have white mirrors and they all go together really well

Comment

it does look good doesn't it, those rubbing strips are a real must have. Yes, you and me are obviously Sport Red Soul Mates! Unfortunately I have the white alloys - big, big, mistake but going to have to live with them for a while at least.

Think I might just go for the above with the front/back light insert and fogs light. Just wish mine looked as shinny as this - might have to take it down to the hand wash guys as apparently it is going to be sunny tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkle View Post
              iJust wish mine looked as shinny as this - might have to take it down to the hand wash guys as apparently it is going to be sunny tomorrow.
              I wish mine looked as shiny, but mine is covered in salt as I live about 100 yards from the sea and we had one hell of a gale last night,

Comment

Its the bits at the back that I am not sure of though having never seen them in the flesh.
                Zack To The Rescue !

Here Sparkle Is A Close Up Of The Rear Chrome, Front + Sides,

Im Getting The Rear Light Surrounds This Week ! =D

If Im Honest Though Sparkle Id Buy Them Off eBay And Get Someone You Know To Fit Them As They're Only Stick-Ons...

Comment

Side strips and fog surrounds are a must. Front grill surround looks better on some colours than others. Not convinced myself about the extra bling on the headlights and rear light clusters, and the rear window strip is a bit "1980s Ford Granada Ghia" for me!!

Comment

Originally posted by gar074 View Post
                    and the rear window strip is a bit "1980s Ford Granada Ghia" for me!!
                    My dad had one of those in Brown !

Comment

As Sparkle is wanting to give her Ds3 some more sparkle and bling, has she thought about the boring tyre valves and covers?
                      I came across these when seaching Ebay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Citroen-Nemo-c...item19c067d74e.
                      Tacky or class I don't know

Comment

Tacky or class I don't know[/QUOTE]

Wow they would certainly bling up my car - will post pics when they arrive then I am sure some of you will tell me if they are tacky or classy. x

Comment

Certainly more interesting than the boring black things on there at present......U need some help fitting them Sparkle?

Comment

[QUOTE=Sparkle;7316]it does look good doesn't it, those rubbing strips are a real must have. Yes, you and me are obviously Sport Red Soul Mates! Unfortunately I have the white alloys - big, big, mistake but going to have to live with them for a while at least.

Sparkle PM sent.

James

Comment

Tacky or class I don't know
                              Must be classy - I have them!

James

Comment

Working...
                              X