Number Plate Surround

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Number Plate Surround

Does anyone have any experience of fixing a number plate on using one of these, rather than drilling and screwing the plate on?

Do they look good, or too bulky?

Attached Files

Was expecting the pic to be a bit bigger than that! But you get the idea!

Comment

Is the one on at the moment drilled and fixed? - most are. Little plastic cover caps over self tapped screws
      If not,it is quite easy to mark out and drill a couple of holes for a number plate holder like the one you show. Not bulky IMO

Where you position the holder is only plastic (From what I recall) anyway
      Or use strong self adhesive tape?
      sigpic
      Jog on Noddy

Comment

My current plate is screwed on, so i'm not worried about fixing it - more looking for advice onnthe "look".

I'm getting some 3D gel resin plates, and would prefer not to drill them - hence the surround / holder, but dont know how it might end up looking...

Comment

Looking at the front of my ds3, i dont think it would accept a surround easily, so might just stick with plates on their own

Comment

yes it does http://ds3club.co.uk/showthread.php?...-project/page3
            Originally posted by cyclone
            It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
            Originally posted by Broda
            I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Gel plates, with removable number plate holder,screw fixed :

Attached Files
              Last edited by Chris_Blue; 31-03-2013, 20:00. Reason: better explanation
              sigpic
              Jog on Noddy

Comment

How did you come by the French number plate holder Chris ?
                sigpic

Comment

I used to have one, if you're able to master the use of a screwdriver you can fit it

Comment

Originally posted by ach5 View Post
                    Does anyone have any experience of fixing a number plate on using one of these, rather than drilling and screwing the plate on?

Do they look good, or too bulky?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6102[/ATTACH]
                    heres what i did i placed my number plate that had holes alreadi in it INTO the surround to see if any of the holes lined up.
                    if no holes lined up then i drilled holes through the existing holes in the number plate leaving you with 2 holes exactly where you had them with your number plate.
                    take out your number plate and srew the surround onto your car then place your unmarked number plate into the surround and close surround

i painted mine before putting it on
                    Attached Files
                    http://www.ds3club.co.uk/attachment....4&d=1420569803
                    :rolleyes: Too Good For Heaven & Too Bad For Hell :mad:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
                      How did you come by the French number plate holder Chris ?
                      ebay lfc
                      sigpic
                      Jog on Noddy

Comment

Thanks chaps!

Comment

Cheers Chris, I wondered if you'd picked it up on a trip to France with the forum....
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
                            Cheers Chris, I wondered if you'd picked it up on a trip to France with the forum....
                            Glad to help. No- no trip to France with the club. Do Belgium/France several times a year to visit family

From what I remember it was a site that did a selection of vehicle manufacturers on the plate holder, Citroen was just one, and as said, theres push out clips on the bottom and the frontage flips up to remove the plates

Always felt a bit guilty when cars drove past, amd I was fiddling with my number plate- swapping them over and that LOL

Good for putting show plates on, then swapping back to legals for the way home.
                            sigpic
                            Jog on Noddy

Comment

I don't have show plates so its not an issue for me, in fact I have Richbrook anti theft screws on mine and am happy with those....
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X