Should I Lower My DS3?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I Lower My DS3?????

Hi I have a 2013 DS3 Dstyle Plus in white and black. and have purchased 40mm lowering springs from H&R,
    but im not sure if I should put them on, I need some opinions, I wanted to put them on so brought them without
    really thinking about it but im not sure now,
    so should I sell them or put them on????

This really depends on if you want your DS3 to be lower or not.
    C2 GT #2003

LIFE HAS RULES & SO DO THESE FORUMS.... DS3Club rules: Click Here

Comment

Well I do want to, but the real reason for asking was to see if anyone has had any issues with lowering theirs?

Comment

Put em on or it's a waste of money, I can't see there being any issues with a 40mm drop Zack and a few others are happily running more than 40mm so you'll be fine

Comment

Thanks (:

Comment

Youll have fun with some of those inner city speed bumps
            My exhaust gets grounded very occasionally, just a tadge. Vehicle is not lowered.
            Why not lower a little less to start- say 25mm, and sell your other springs?

Also - what size wheels you got on your DStyle
            Last edited by Chris_Blue; 14-04-2013, 20:23. Reason: addition
            sigpic
            Jog on Noddy

Comment

Its that poor bastuck system Chris not heard of a standard height having issues lol!

Comment

Originally posted by Jagster93 View Post
                Its that poor bastuck system Chris not heard of a standard height having issues lol!
                Ha- Yeah, More likely the sharp, nasty , as ever sleeping policemen!
                sigpic
                Jog on Noddy

Comment

The little ones that seem to be getting higher every time they make them? Haha yeah they are harsh for our suspension I suppose

Comment

Also the reason why i will only lower 25mm when the day comes
                    sigpic
                    Jog on Noddy

Comment

Personally I think 4cm is quite a big drop, like Chris I'd probably do less on my DS3. My fiancee's Corsa is lowered around 40mm I think and it has issues with the potholes and the speed bumps.

I guess it depends on whether you can live with that for the look ?
                      sigpic

Comment

It should help quite a bit with the handling too, should it not, More grip/ lower centre of gravity?
                        Not just the look- sometimes you can look too low IMO
                        sigpic
                        Jog on Noddy

Comment

No problems with my 35mm H&R

Comment

Really depends on the streets that you drive on (speed bumps, very poor surfaces). The ride will be firmer keep that firmly in mind when you make the decision. On the other hand these cars look great lowered and handling and turn in will be improved. I'm now running of 45mm lower in the back and 50mm in the front with 18 in rims and have no interference issues at all, none. The streets are in good condition around me and no speed bumps. Just got back from France and if drove the back roads of Normandy regularly would definitely do some thing a little closer to stock.
                            Originally posted by cyclone
                            It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                            Originally posted by Broda
                            I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

What tyres do you run cyclone?
                              DS3 120VTi Black + White

Comment

Working...
                              X