No announcement yet.

Should I Lower My DS3?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was going to say rubber tyres but I thought better of it....
    sigpic

Comment

Had a choice of 2 TUV approved sizes 215/35/18 or 205/40/18. Went with 205/40/18.
      Originally posted by cyclone
      It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
      Originally posted by Broda
      I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Lol 40mm ? You won't have any trouble.

My Bilstein coilies are wound right down (60mm) without adjusters on the back and I'm currently sourcing some custom made springs to go even lower...

Comment

I've got 215/35/18's at the moment and think I'm going to go with the 40's next set and lower so there isn't the horrible huge arch.
          EDIT: And because there is quite a few speedbumps around Plymouth with shoddy roads.
          DS3 120VTi Black + White

Comment

The roads round us are awful (shit) so many potholes, sunken drain covers and broken road that driving the fiancées Corsa is a proper pain.....
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
              The roads round us are awful (shit) so many potholes, sunken drain covers and broken road that driving the fiancées Corsa is a proper pain.....
              That's the key isn't it adapting the car to the fit the conditions it has to operate in/on. while her Corsa or my car would be terrible to drive, a mildly lowered car would not only be more practical but would most certainly be faster too.
              Originally posted by cyclone
              It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
              Originally posted by Broda
              I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Yeah exactly cyclone, I'd definitely consider a mildly lowered DS3 so that I am not breaking my back on the local roads....
                sigpic

Comment

Good question and answers- thinking of lowering mine but not too much. Just not liking the big gap between the wheel & arch

Comment

Personally I would have choosen between two things:

1 - 25mm lowering springs. With 40mm the standard shocks don't work that well anymore and will get damaged / break down earlier.
                    Standard shocks are not made to lower 40mm, so that's why.

2 - Get a nice Bilstein B14 set of coilovers and lower 40mm or even more so that you don't have to worry about the shocks
                    DS3 THP Sport Chic Blanc Banquise / Noir Onyx - Forge Pipe Kit - Forge Induction Kit - Forge Recirculating Valve - Custom Intercooler - H&R 25mm

Comment

Working...
                    X