Genuine citroen alloy foot rest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Genuine citroen alloy foot rest

As nobody appers to like sports grille I though id put this little number on 1 of my favs with the chrome side strips, picture does show left hand drive but it does fit right hand as we have them to cars in our showroom !!!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by John Nicol; 19-11-2010, 14:33.

how much John with the discount, and how do you fit it?

straight in there lol

Comment

I can supply for £28.00 postage is about £2.00. You need to drill two pliot holes and its held on with two screws. Heres my number if you want one 01292 280028 we close at 4.00 today and 12.30 tomorrow.

Comment

with the awful weather we're having now and with winter fast approaching I'm worried my carpet is going to get ruined where I rest my clutch foot and so I've been looking into this for a few days now, I certianly want this done but was worried it'd be glued on.
        sigpic

Comment

well that's really good, I'm not drilling my car though, I wonder if I could get my local dealer to do this for a small fee
          sigpic

Comment

The hole to drill is like for the bar between two rooms for carpet in the house its a small hole its very easy job but i know what you mean about drilling into your new car!!!

Comment

I've also been thinking about this but would likely use large velcro strips, see how it holds before maybe drilling.

Comment

Don't worry about drilling!!! It is only making a small pilot hole for the little screws.... you couldn't drill too far if you wanted as the carpet is soooo thick... Trust me, I have fitted this and wondered if I might accidently hit something... then realised it is ONLY the carpet!

You could just put the self tappers into the carpet padding without drilling, but there is no point...

Velcro strips would not be secure enough.... and DON'T do it as you may end up with the plate stuck on the brake pedal if it came loose especially in an accident, as they might think this was not secure and could have interfered with the controls!!!! noooooot good!

Hope this helps ;-) DRILL the carpet is only a couple of mm or just use small self tappers for the carpet padding!

It really does save the carpet wear and looks great for next to nothing and take 5 mins to fit!

ps ignore the paper template that comes with it, you can just use your common sense where the plate should go, I found the template annoying, just put the plate in place and then put the small drill bit through the one hole and then secure and then level it up and do the same with the other hole - Perfect ;-)
                Life's too short to grow up! ;0)

Comment

Originally posted by DS3 enthusiast View Post
                  well that's really good, I'm not drilling my car though, I wonder if I could get my local dealer to do this for a small fee
                  I am officially trained for a drilling and screwing and would charge £345 to 'professionally' fit this for you! I wouldn't recommend doing it yourself as the car might catch fire and could invalidate your warranty!

Holes in the carpet! What next!!!! You'll be removing the dust cap and filling the tyres with non approved Citroen air!

Only joking - Just in case you were wondering! I have ocd on this forum and have to joke about everything, and yes i'm a piss taking anchor! ;o)
                  Life's too short to grow up! ;0)

Comment

"non approved Citroen air"!!!!

Lol!! I'll have to remember that one for my customers!!
                    ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                    Bigfeet's File Repository
                    The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Bigfeet76 are you in the motor trade????

Comment

Originally posted by John Nicol View Post
                        Bigfeet76 are you in the motor trade????
                        Bigfeet76 is 'the inside man', so the answer's going to be 'yes'.

Comment

Cool Im a parts manager ata citroen dealership also!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet76 View Post
                            "non approved Citroen air"!!!
                            Yeah I Heard It Voids The Warranty ?...

Lolz !

Comment

Originally posted by T 24CK T View Post
                              Yeah I Heard It Voids The Warranty ?...

Lolz !
                              Thats right, the overlord demands it!!! Talking of this it reminds me of this little gem

http://legendsrumors.blogspot.com/20...p-oil-cap.html
                              ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                              Bigfeet's File Repository
                              The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Working...
                              X