Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I move the spare wheel to put my exhaust through the middle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I move the spare wheel to put my exhaust through the middle?

I have ordered the Lugano Bodykit from TuningShop, I decided to go for the middle exhaust piece as my car originally only has 1 exhaust. I need to be able to have the exhaust through the middle but apparently my spare wheel is right in the way and its not possible.

Is there any way of taken of the the metal casing at the bottom of the car so they can put exhaust through the middle? Saves me having to cut holes in the Bodykit so my exhaust will fit!

Thanks

Isn't the well for the spare wheel part of the moulded floor of the car ? I'd be surprised if you can remove it.....

cyclone has a centre exhaust on his DS3 he can probably advise how that was fitted
    sigpic

Comment

That's what I thought, surely you can't take anything like that off the car.

Comment

Originally posted by RickardsDS3 View Post
        That's what I thought, surely you can't take anything like that off the car.

Comment

There is a ton of room under there. My center exit is run from the back box in its normal position under the back edge of the spare wheel well then exits in the center.

Originally posted by cyclone
          It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
          Originally posted by Broda
          I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

That's originally how I thought it could be fitted, I need to show the person who's is going to move my exhaust & fit the new rear bumper this... Then it could work! Thanks

Comment

I still love your car cyclone
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
                I still love your car cyclone

Agreed :bow:

Comment

That's originally how I thought it could be fitted, I need to show the person who's is going to move my exhaust & fit the new rear bumper this... Then it could work! Thanks
                  There is also another exhaust hanger on the other side of the tailpipe behind the tips where it makes the bend that you can't see in the pic.

Thanks guys

Comment

Where did you get the diffuser from? Looks smart

Comment

Agreed :bow:
                      Yep, looks awesome - the wheels really suit the colour of the car

Comment

Originally posted by Sigorman85 View Post
                        Where did you get the diffuser from? Looks smart
                        see my build thread http://ds3club.co.uk/showthread.php?...lone-s-project

Comment

Originally posted by cyclone View Post
                          There is a ton of room under there. My center exit is run from the back box in its normal position under the back edge of the spare wheel well then exits in the center.

Im having a lot of problems, I have the rear bumper from the Lugano Bodykit and it has the center exhaust. Your saying theres loads of room for the center exit, but my car has a big metal mold underneath the car for where the spare wheel is. Starting to stress me out because I may have to get a hole cut in my bumper just sso my exhaust can fit.

The underneath of your car looks a lot differant to mine, not sure if because differant model or what? Did Muskitier fit the bumper and exhaust for you?

Comment

Could you post some pics maybe ? Might help us understand the issues a bit better
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
                              Could you post some pics maybe ? Might help us understand the issues a bit better
                              Will have to take tomorrow now, but will try find some pics online that is the same to mine.

Comment

Working...
                              X