X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here are the led canbus side lights and canbus hid low beam kit fitted

Here Are the led canbus side lights fitted

And here are the canbus hid kit fitted these are low beam and are 6000k
    The bulbs are h7r and these are the correct bulbs as the don't give off a glare and don't dazzle other drivers

They look really crisp
    Andy DS3 Club's Resident OCD Detailer!
    Take a pride in your ride
    @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

Yeah very nice. Always difficult to get a real idea with photos though.

" THP DSport "
      Forge Induction Kit + Spax Coilovers + Custom Camo Roof and Mirror Wrap
      Full Milltek Decat System and SPTuning Stage 2 Remap
      :cool:

Comment

Yeah was hard lol now as I have the correct kit canbus and with reflectors built in the head lamp and the reflector bulbs how legal is this? Considering I had them h7 blue bulbs in that we're brilliant white with a hint of blue and looked the same just not as white?

Comment

Originally posted by Sigorman85 View Post
          Yeah was hard lol now as I have the correct kit canbus and with reflectors built in the head lamp and the reflector bulbs how legal is this?
          It's not and you will have to take them out for MOT.
          Originally posted by cyclone
          It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
          Originally posted by Broda
          I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

There are so many rumours on the net about them I'm confused about the whole thing some say any car after 2012 with hid lights fitted will be illegal ??? Some say if you have the correct reflector bulbs and head lamps its fine??? :-/

Comment

In Belgium you can only fit them if the height of the lightbeam adapts automaticly, and if you have washers for your headlights. So I will have to refit the original bulbs when the time comes. But it's a 15min job, so I don't care

Comment

The law in the UK is that the Headlights have to have self-levelling beams with head light washers and both of those systems have to be working. You generally can get away with up to 8000K colour temp on the front as anything past that isn't of a "white" light.
                This is why it can be Legal to have HID bulbs in reflector headlights. They can even come OEM in reflector style housings, Volvos have been doing them for years.
                However I Feel if you can adjust them so that the 'glare' isn't horrific then they should be fine. Other say you'll still blind them when going over the brow of a hill, but I've been flashed a few time by people who didn't like how bright my headlights were even though they're 100% road legal (Philips extreme vision ultra).
                If I missed anything or got anything wrong don't be afraid to correct me as I'm no expert.

Comment

Cheers dan I haven't been flashed yet :-s I'm tempted to ask a traffic office about them just for peace of mind but then I can count my bottom dollar that the police in Weymouth will be looking out for them so might just wait till the day comes . The car hasn't even had its first mot yet but I will put the original dull bulbs back in just in case and leave the wiring loom in . As for the hid's there on maximum dip I think that's 4 on the roller and they still do a brilliant Job I also replaced the interior bulbs ie foot well lights centre roof light and number plate with the led canbus side lights (eBay) the hid lights are 6000k by the way

Comment

Yeah definitely wouldn't ask a POPO. Especially if your with your car. Loads of people have HIDs where I live, (Wells, or next to Glastonbury if you don't know where that is,) and never known anybody get done for them. Mind you we don't have any reel 'traffic' police, only normal ones in there bland diesel focuses and the same 'undercover' Police 318d Estate registration ending CVV...

Ohh yeah forgot to ask did you get more 'headlight grommets' or 'weather seals' ( The rubber cap that covers the back of the lighting assembly) If so how much did they cost and where from, could be interested in a set.
                    Last edited by DanDS3; 25-06-2013, 19:50.

Comment

Yes they come with a rubber seal but what you have to do is cut a small round hole the size of 50p the the rubber seal/bung goes into the the hike to create a seal I will post a guide on how to fit them on the weekend when I have some time
                      I bought them from eBay the seller was very helpful as I bought the wrong set first of all then he pm'ed me say that the wer the wrong ones and he sent me the item number for the correct ones canbus H7r. Also it was a shop on eBay not a individual seller so not sure if you can find them on the net any way there from (carmodshop)on eBay all one word

Comment

Working...
                      X