Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remap 120 VTi

Hi guys,

Firstly I would like to say hello to everyone. Real newbie over here! Just ordered my DS3. I currently have a Corsa Limited Edition but decided the 1.2 engine wasn't enough.. So I went for a 1.6 VTi DS3 (may I add I'm 19 so insurance is hard to get on anything above the 120 model haha).

I was contemplating on getting the DS3 remapped?? Can anyone shed some light on the costs and the gains?

Thank you in advance

Jack

Hi Jack- welcome to the Club
    Don't think remapping anything without a turbo is much worth it- assume the VTi isn't a turbo?
    sigpic
    Jog on Noddy

Comment

Plus your insurance Co is likely to spit the dummy if you start engine/ECU modding. As Chris said you'd get v little gain on a non turbo engine.....
      sigpic

Comment

Hi guys, thanks for the quick replies and thanks for the welcoming

By the sounds of it it's probably best to keep my money for something else are there any "must do" modifications! I am thinking of wrapping the rear lights, changing the bulbs and adding my head unit and FLI subs.. Is there anything like exhaust that's best and reasonably cheap?

Thank you

Comment

Why not just enjoy the car for what it is instead of turning it into what sounds like, a chavmobile?
          Andy DS3 Club's Resident OCD Detailer!
          Take a pride in your ride
          @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

Hi welcome to the club to be honest all I'd do is get the THP spoiler and maybe some stickers depending on what colour you went for ????
            sigpicDs3 Racing

Comment

As above don't bother with the remapping,

I'm assuming that you want to change the exhaust for aesthetic purposes - A system won't give you more power on a VTi so just get a nice subtle tailpipe.

As Richy said above the DSport spoiler is a must if you want your car to look as good as it can - also some new wheels and lows

Comment

Hi guys,

I went for the white one with the black roof. Its the Dstyle+ as I quite fancied the arm rest I changed the back box on my corsa, it wasnt too loud just gave the car a nice tone during normal driving. How is the exhaust sound on the DS3? and wheres the best place to buy the spoiler? ebay?

Thanks

Comment

My 120 has a good grumble now she settled down.

Parts, you could try Aidan at partsworld, DS3 Club members get discount from here: http://www.partsworld-uk.com/
                  My DS3R3... nearly....
                  New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Try a scrap yard, eBay, or Citroen guy on here whatever he is called again... not exactly cheap though.

Just get a new exhaust, air filter, and lowered, not much you can really get out of a VTi.
                    sigpic.

| DStyle Nav 1.2 PureTech 110 |
                    Third time around.
                    Work in Progress

Comment

Some other threads, might have some info for you

DStyle VTi 120bhp mods
                      remap 120 hp vti petrol?
                      My DS3R3... nearly....

Comment

Thank you WTF and Rockzayne, I just had a look at the price of a spoiler at they are around the 250 mark :/ I think for now I shall see what she sounds like when she arrives then go from there and possible by a new exhaust. How do you find the 120VTi for petrol wise? in terms of cost per week?

Comment

Wouldnt stuff like cams work too although im asumeing this will be expensive .

Comment

Originally posted by BOBO-DS3 View Post
                            Wouldnt stuff like cams work too although im asumeing this will be expensive .
                            Yes if you can find somebody who makes them for the DS3.

You're still not going to see massive gains though.
                            cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Originally posted by JackT View Post
                              Thank you WTF and Rockzayne, I just had a look at the price of a spoiler at they are around the 250 mark :/ I think for now I shall see what she sounds like when she arrives then go from there and possible by a new exhaust. How do you find the 120VTi for petrol wise? in terms of cost per week?
                              Let her bed in a bit first before you decide on the exhaust, mine is way more grumbly than she used to be.

Depends what your driving style is like, what traffic conditions are and how far you drive.

I rag the tits off WTF, do 50 miles a day, and about a gazzilion stops re traffic, round a bouts and traffic lights

My boring stop start route to work I can get:
                              26 miles, an avg MPG of 48.6, with an avg speed of 28 MPH
                              My DS3R3... nearly....

Comment

Working...
                              X