Ds3 155thp .... What would you do ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ds3 155thp .... What would you do ?

So if the base model 155 wasn't enough what would you change on it, remap, exhaust... Suspension etc. I don't have a ds3 but its on my list of things to test drive, along with the mini ..... I like the looks and it's the right size for me.

Who's good in the way of tuning citroens ?

Originally posted by Stevetdci View Post
    So if the base model 155 wasn't enough what would you change on it, remap, exhaust... Suspension etc. I don't have a ds3 but its on my list of things to test drive, along with the mini ..... I like the looks and it's the right size for me.

Who's good in the way of tuning citroens ?
    I'd stick far away from tuning the THP engine, they can be quite fragile at times.

Maybe if you gave us a list of things you're looking to do to it and we can point you in the right direction?
    cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

I would be looking at sports cat, remap, panel filter and tweaking the suspension, changing the wheels and possibly messing with the anti roll bars. Depending on the turbo that may get changed. I'm also looking at cooper s's and am aware of the potential issues, of and I missed off the intercooler, target would be 210/220 bhp but very drivable

Comment

There's loads you can do, nothing like the search box

Comment

Search box ...... What's one of them

Comment

Sounds like a plan Steve- just nothing to its max (210 too much. rumours that Racings been tuned down to 203BHP)
            You will get 11BHP with just a turbo back sports exhaust
            sigpic
            Jog on Noddy

Comment

Let us know what you think after the test drive
              sigpic

Comment

remaps get it up to about 200bhp right..?
                sigpic.

| DStyle Nav 1.2 PureTech 110 |
                Third time around.
                Work in Progress

Comment

Hi chris that's why mines not going in for the recall don't trust the dealers not going any where near them
                  DS3 RACING | SUPERCHIPPED 233bhp/321nm | ITG INDUCTION

sigpic

Comment

Hi ds3r. so the rumour factory suggests, a slight reduction may prevent problems in the engine
                    but its all rumour- could be something entirely different

Rick- a THP155 Can get to over 200bhp and probably more than a Racing, if the exhaust is performance model (Adds 11bhp)
                    But then that 100+% power from the turbo, stresses all the other bits, including the clutch for starters!

Just my opinion
                    Last edited by Chris_Blue; 11-07-2013, 21:20. Reason: made no sense
                    sigpic
                    Jog on Noddy

Comment

Going to try and get a test drive at the weekend, both the mini and ds3 have the for and against ... I look after the fleet cars at work and we are all vw although we are looking at a relay van, the dealer I've been speaking to have offered to put me in touch with a citreon demo rather than the 5 minute local dealers offer. Still I need a large estate for a fundraising event so might abuse the demo offer to get something for that.

Is there much choice on suspension ? What's the effects on the ds3, does it make it too hard ?

Clutches are weak on vags, the Leon struggles with 300bhp

Comment

Originally posted by Stevetdci View Post
                        Going to try and get a test drive at the weekend, both the mini and ds3 have the for and against ... I look after the fleet cars at work and we are all vw although we are looking at a relay van, the dealer I've been speaking to have offered to put me in touch with a citreon demo rather than the 5 minute local dealers offer. Still I need a large estate for a fundraising event so might abuse the demo offer to get something for that.

Is there much choice on suspension ? What's the effects on the ds3, does it make it too hard ?

Clutches are weak on vags, the Leon struggles with 300bhp
                        No faults with the suspension; isn't too harsh on long runs but you can easily get it to skip out a bit if you want it to when going hard enough.
                        cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Steve- what "tweaks" would you do to suspension. Alter OEM or new bits?
                          sigpic
                          Jog on Noddy

Comment

I reckon either a set of springs or coilovers, I don't want to drop it on the floor, just sharpen it up, then possibly change the roll bars. It's not easy trying to find bits for ds3's

Comment

Same as me then- not roll bars for me tho. Just tightnening for the track
                              A few manufacturers do coilovers- When Bilstein get them sorted they are probly the kiddies
                              Quite a few do springs. 20mm lowest amount of lowereing (That's for me) but obvs not adjustable

You a DCI? Beats Den then LOL
                              sigpic
                              Jog on Noddy

Comment

Working...
                              X