Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• info about Viezu remap???

hi,
    i've found a dealer of Viezu in Turkey but i couldn't find any user and i need customer feedback...are you happy with it?
    hp gains?? any mechanical or electronic failure???

thanks........

Originally posted by olcay View Post
    hi,
    i've found a dealer of Viezu in Turkey but i couldn't find any user and i need customer feedback...are you happy with it?
    hp gains?? any mechanical or electronic failure???

thanks........
    Hi olcay,

Had mine remapped by Viezu by Dave flashremapping on the first meet we had over here...

Three of us had are vehicles remapped at the same time...Very happy with the remap experienced no problems at all....

There is a considerable amount of difference after the cache has been cleared....

One of the members had it tested on a rolling road and before the remap 155 bhp and after 185 bhp....

Apparantly adding a K&N Air filter improved it to a further 189 bhp....After the Cache has cleared this would probably improve the bhp.

Iv'e been told that Citroen cannot detect the remap and this was confirmed when another member had his vehicle serviced.....

The only thing was the remap had to be done again at no extra charge due to Citroen resetting the ECU...

Obviously there are warranty issues but Viezu have insurance to cover problems with the remap....

My DS3 has the 150 Thp engine and i would highly recommend you have it done...Enhances the drive so much more.

Hope this helps Clarky.

Comment

Couldn't have summed it up better Clarky!
      cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Originally posted by Clarky View Post

The only thing was the remap had to be done again at no extra charge due to Citroen resetting the ECU.. Clarky.
        Bit thick here - can you explain under what circumstances Citroen would reset the ECU?
        If they can't tell it's been done how does it affect the warranty?

Thicko Jimbob

Comment

if there is a new software for your car they can do that but it's not free in here, because of that they wouldnt do ''upgrade'' without your permission.. tricky : )

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbob View Post
            Bit thick here - can you explain under what circumstances Citroen would reset the ECU?
            If they can't tell it's been done how does it affect the warranty?

Thicko Jimbob
            When they see that the ECU software counter has been changed, the system Citroen use now connects to a central database which records all of the cars data, including ECU remaps.

Citroen could decide to veto your warranty if a remap causes trouble. There was an internal bulletin about remaps on C5 hdi's and how they caused thousands of pounds of damage to the engine.

Remember if you remap your motor and claim a warranty job Citroen can sue under fraud. Not trying to scare people just trying to lay the facts for everyone.
            ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
            Bigfeet's File Repository
            The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Thanks for the explanation Bigfeet.

Jimbob

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet76 View Post
                When they see that the ECU software counter has been changed, the system Citroen use now connects to a central database which records all of the cars data, including ECU remaps.

Citroen could decide to veto your warranty if a remap causes trouble. There was an internal bulletin about remaps on C5 hdi's and how they caused thousands of pounds of damage to the engine.

Remember if you remap your motor and claim a warranty job Citroen can sue under fraud. Not trying to scare people just trying to lay the facts for everyone.
                i thought the new maps re-set the software update counter ?

Comment

Originally posted by nufoot View Post
                  I'm not an expert but been told that the remap does not alter the ECU Software counter making the remap undetectable.....So basically Citroen cannot detect it and therfore not void your warranty.

Maybe Dave from Flashremapping can clarify this in depth....There is an in depth topic on this site which might explain the remap which Dave posted which i think is under remapping.

Comment

Originally posted by Clarky View Post
                    I'm not an expert but been told that the remap does not alter the ECU Software counter making the remap undetectable.....So basically Citroen cannot detect it and therfore not void your warranty.

Maybe Dave from Flashremapping can clarify this in depth....There is an in depth topic on this site which might explain the remap which Dave posted which i think is under remapping.
                    flash counters

gentlemen you are indeed correct and also incorrect
                    the citroen ds3 1.6 thp uses a Bosche MED17.4 ECU
                    this ecu has a flash counter that will count the number of times that data has been written to the ecu

if your remapper has decent eqipment and has paid the full licence agreement with the equipment company then it will automatically reset the flash counter to teh previously stored count number once the file has been written
                    this is certainly the case with a KESS V2 which is my favoured tool of choice at present primarily because of vehicle coverage and
                    because of the flash counter resetter
                    I also have cmd - which is a very expensive option to have the flash reset software added to it - mine does not have this option

this has been tested as a ds3 1.6 thp that i have remapped had to go back to citroen on an unrelated warantee issue
                    so to be on the safe side we wrote the ecu back to standard
                    citroen did indeed interrogate the ecu as is now standard for them on any warantee claim and they came back with no reason to believe the car had been mapped previously - they attended to the problem and added some software upgrades and then once back I mapped it again (free of charge to the customer)

The conclusion can only be - use a reputable company - ask if their tool has a flash counter reset option ( automatic like kess or manual like cmd s on certain models) if you use a tuner that charges £200 for a remap my guess is that they will not have that option

Flashremapping are a Viezu approved dealer - 23 years experience of tuning cars - underwritten insurance - 7 day money back guarantee - lifetime warantee on tuning maps - we always use the latest TUV approved tools - advice is free - remaps from £299

David Lewis - Technical Director
                    Last edited by Clarky; 01-12-2010, 00:12.

Comment

Originally posted by nufoot View Post
                      i had a experince like that with my c2 vtr in 2007. we went the dealer after remapped my car for three times with wimmer rst and they couldnt understand my car was remapped.....but i dont know what will be the result in 2010...

Comment

They can't detect it.

Comment

I really like people unique writing. Will probably be quality to uncover just one reveal with text on the center and in some cases purity in this particular unique vital area of interest will likely be conveniently encountered. ligaklikpartneruero2024.vip

Comment

I've had some great wins thanks to vn88's generous odds. vn88

Comment

V8 Poker is a term that doesn't seem to have a widely recognized meaning in the context of poker as of my last update. It could be a specific variant of the game, a poker room or website, or perhaps a reference to something else entirely. Could you provide more context or clarify what you're looking for regarding V8 Poker? V8gamebai.com

Comment

Working...
                              X