Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the difference between mini engine and ds3 engine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the difference between mini engine and ds3 engine?

Hi,

does anyone know what are the differences between mini 1.6T (175hp) and DS3 THP engine? I know that the base engine is the same, what about the turbo, intercooler etc?

Im looking at different remap options. You can easily remap a mini to over 200hp and over 300nm of torque (aprox. 220 lbft) but most ds3 remaps ive seen are to about 180, 185hp. Anyone knows why is that?

Don't Quote Me But I Think The Mini Has A Bigger Turbo...

In Regards To The Different Outputs You Gotta Remember That The Engines Base Is The Same, But There Are Many Parts That Are Different Between The 2 Engines, This Will Have An Affect,

Also Things Like The Transmission Will be Different, Aswell As The Drive Mechanism, And Remember The Horsepower Figures People Give Are At The Wheels And Not Engine Horsepower ( I Hope ! As Quoting Engine Horsepower Figures Are For Car Manufacturers And People Who Want To Sound That Lil Bit Cooler lol )

Comment

The Mini now has 183hp
      Difference is Turbo and Intercooler!

The 175hp Mini has the same engine as a Peugeot 207 RC / GTi but with an other gearbox. (6 speed)

The DS3R has the same engine as a Mini Cooper S John Cooper Works and has also other internals.

Fot the DS3 engine you can get max. around 205hp and 320nm of torque.
      Therefore you need to swap the exhaust, put an other airfilter in it and get a remap
      DS3 THP Sport Chic Blanc Banquise / Noir Onyx - Forge Pipe Kit - Forge Induction Kit - Forge Recirculating Valve - Custom Intercooler - H&R 25mm

Comment

The 175hp Mini has the same engine as a Peugeot 207 RC / GTi but with an other gearbox. (6 speed)
        I noticed that. I still don't know what are the differences. Are there any mechanical differences or is it only ECU?

Its interesing that both engines have the same torque output, but there is a bit more power in THP175, in higher revs. I think that excludes the larger turbo option.

Comment

If you mean the differences between the THP175 and the DS3 engine; It’s correct!
          The THP175 has a slight larger turbo so that’s why it has more power in higher revs.

They have the same torque (240nm) because of the Gearbox!
          The THP175 has a 5 speed box and the DS3 the new 6 Speed box. (same as the newer 207 THP150 versions)
          The Mini has a 6 speed box and higher torque (260nm)
          DS3 THP Sport Chic Blanc Banquise / Noir Onyx - Forge Pipe Kit - Forge Induction Kit - Forge Recirculating Valve - Custom Intercooler - H&R 25mm

Comment

Originally posted by Fabian View Post
            They have the same torque (240nm) because of the Gearbox!
            The gearbox has no bearing on engine torque unless the engine's deliberately detuned to compensate for a box with lower torque capacity.

Quoted values are measured at the crankshaft, so differences between nominally similar engines will be down to varying states of tune & installation differences.

Comment

There is a version out which can give a maximum of 222 Bhp and 340 Nm of torque.

Read the info down here, its from Musketier ( a German tuner, which you may allready know )

The Citroen DS3 uses the factory with individuality. Tuner musketeer filed down even further on the personal touch of the French and has an enhanced with numerous attachments limited edition launched.

He calls himself Citroen DS3 Tiburon 222 Limited Edition will be built only in ten and is available at prices starting at € 28 790. It is based on the special edition of a DS3 Tuner musketeer THP 150 Sport Chic with satellite navigation system. For Tiburon package musketeer include a body kit in carbon look, a sports exhaust system, lowering and 18-inch alloy wheels.

Performance increase of up to 230 hp
              Of course, the accessories of musketeer is not tied to the special model. If desired, can be upgraded at any DS3. The Tiburon body kit includes a front spoiler, a rear apron, side skirts approaches Radlaufleisten and a sport exhaust system. The latter can be of different tailpipes and thus blend in with the rear diffuser. The aerodynamic body parts come with a carbon look or shine, therefore available in black or silver. The complete package costs from € 1849. Of course, all parts are based on their own.

The chassis optimized using shorter springs Musketeer (from 179 €) or with a coilover suspension (from 959 €), the motors can be strengthened by new engine control software. The 90-hp diesel sets for 699 € to 115 hp and 246 Nm. The 110-hp diesel engine makes 699 euros after the expensive Elektronikkur 139 PS and 375 Nm. The 1.6-liter turbo gasoline unit with new software for 849 € to 190 hp and 340 Nm. If still another, a larger turbocharger and intercooler are installed even 230 hp possible.
              *** I suffer from A.D.I.D.A.S. ; All day I dream about s*x ***

Comment

If you go for the Larger turbo you will get a (new) turbo from a Mini Cooper S

1849 euro is not that much for an increase of 80 hp :cool:

Comment

Originally posted by Fabian View Post
                  1849 euro is not that much for an increase of 80 hp :cool:
                  Well Worth It !

Comment

It truly is while doing so a reliable area i always particularly savored checking. Is just not every day that include the prospect to look at a service. Pre-Degree Programmes

Comment

That's the reason why it is better you need to focused explore prior to when making. Will also be possible for you to more suitable content this fashion. https://ligaklikpartneruero2024.vip

Comment

I appreciate vn88's commitment to providing a safe and fair gaming environment. vn88

Comment

V8 Poker is a term that doesn't seem to have a widely recognized meaning in the context of poker as of my last update. It could be a specific variant of the game, a poker room or website, or perhaps a reference to something else entirely. Could you provide more context or clarify what you're looking for regarding V8 Poker? V8 game bài

Comment

It seems like you're referring to the "Glock G-FLX" trigger. The Glock G-FLX trigger is a product offered by a few different aftermarket companies, designed to provide an enhanced trigger feel and performance for Glock pistols. Glock Switch for Sale

Comment

It happens to be additionally a brilliant write-up i positively relished reading through. It certainly is not consequently day-to-day i establish time to locate things. reparation pc

Comment

Working...
                              X