Forge Spacer - tests results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forge Spacer - tests results

Few weeks ago I mounted a Forge Spacer with stock diaphragm DV. In fact it isn' a Forge product - it's an exact Forge replica.

Decision was caused not by the sound that it makes but mainly by the fact (I bet many of you didn't thought about it in that way) that spacer partially prevents from destroying turbine when stock DV break. How? As many of you well know - stock DV tends to break in to many small plastic particles which easily can get into the itake pipe and finally into turbo and destroy it. With spacer plastic particles will stay inside the spacer and they can't be sucked into intake pipe in anyway. Because I run 156 THP at stage 1+ with boost rised quite high so breaking stock DV is one of my constant concerns. :-/

Here I must say that earlier I've been running on upgraded VW piston type 06H145710D DV valve but it leaked boost. Because of it's construction piston type valve mismatch our THP turbines.
    Anyway I still was wondering about these many reports about some sort of performance issues after installing Forge Spacer. So I decided to do some tests before and after installing it. I was sure that holding boost capability will be exactly te same with or without the spacer - it just couldn't be different. So it wasn't the case. My main concern was if spacer releases boost as fast as stock DV valve.

Tests conditions: normal engine temp. 101 deg C, cruising on 3rd gear at 50 km/h, then immediate WOT up to 70 km/h and immediate relase foot from the pedal. Both tests - same day, same outside temp, same part of the road.

Bigger pic: http://www.fotosik.pl/pokaz_obrazek/...b6421f08a.html

Bigger pic: http://www.fotosik.pl/pokaz_obrazek/...b9ce164c3.html

And another figure (Boost plot across whole rev range - with spacer) which shows boost holding capability:

Bigger pic: http://www.fotosik.pl/pokaz_obrazek/...2f04279ab.html

My conclusions:

As you can see Forge Spacer releases boost even slightly faster then stock DV. Max boost is simmilar (about 1,3 bar) and at the same RPM. Even building boost is faster with spacer but I can't explain way (maybe it isn't connected with spacer in anyway). But at least it shows that there are no boost leaks with spacer for sure. Last figure (Boost plot) shows also good holding boost capability with spacer on (I think).

Take a look at these figures and share your opinions please!

Thanks for the info. Do you have a link for this forge spacer?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    Simon

Peugeot 208 GTi Prestige - Orange Power

Comment

Thanks Tomu!,
      I didnt buy the spacer for any extra boost but its good to know if there are any upgrades.
      I just wanted it for the sound
      Worth the £50
      94JDA

Comment

Originally posted by Joeauger View Post
        Thanks Tomu!,
        I didnt buy the spacer for any extra boost but its good to know if there are any upgrades.
        Because it doesn't give any extra boost - I just try to show here that it shouldn't cause any issues. That's all.

Originally posted by Joeauger View Post
        Worth the £50
        Here in Poland I paid just £30 for it.
        Last edited by tomu80; 01-08-2013, 11:10.

Comment

sorry for bringing this old topic
          but i want to ask...does this spacer kill the turbo lag when changing gears? because i hate that lag when I change from first to second
          i am talking about stock ds3r

Comment

A recirculation valve, or blow off valve would certainly help turbo lag
            sigpic
            Jog on Noddy

Comment

Hi guys, do u have the link to buy this spacer?

Comment

Originally posted by edwinkcl View Post
                Hi guys, do u have the link to buy this spacer?
                http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/con...roduct=FMDVMCS
                Simon

Peugeot 208 GTi Prestige - Orange Power

Comment

Working...
                X