Help with number plate bulb removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with number plate bulb removal

I'm having some trouble trying to remove the standard bulbs I have the led bulbs ready to fit in they've been in the glove box for a while now I have done the side lights and mood lighting still got to do the one on the roof but I don't want to crack the clear lense as some people have done
    So any tips on removing the number plate bulbs and centre roof light ?

I've tried long nose plighers and a key to lever it out but I didn't want to cause damage so gave up with that
    Cheers si

Here is an earlier post

http://www.ds3club.co.uk/showthread....interior+light
    http://www.ds3club.co.uk/attachment....4&d=1420569803
    :rolleyes: Too Good For Heaven & Too Bad For Hell :mad:

sigpic

Comment

The interior roof is simple, just pull the whole assembly out (It slots perfectly back into place so don't worry if you're worried about pulling to hard - you may need to). You then pull the glass plastic off the housing - again bit of force required but you're not going to break it.

The numberplate lights are fiddly especially if you've got larger than average fingers (I'm in that club) so just patience is needed really. I usually keep the black housing in it's holder, take the plastic glass off and squeeze them in that way. A thin scissors may help poke the other ones out - that's what I use.

Comment

What LED's are you going to use?
        I have got a few sets of 501 LED's but none of them work!
        94JDA

Comment

Ones from eBay (canbus) 9 LEDs in one bulb il post a pic later cheers for the help guys

Comment

I use a flat head screwdriver to remove the number plate lens or the assembly. Still a pain to replace the bulbs though. I'm also interested on LED bulbs as the current ones lasted about a year and now both are out.

Comment

These are the ones that are fitted

This is what the look like fitted and on

Also have these as back ups bought the other day

Comment

Originally posted by Sigorman85 View Post
                This is what the look like fitted and on
                I could be wrong, but aren't the number plate bulbs on the back of the car?
                Regards,

Simon

2011 DS3 DSport (Sport Red with Onyx Black Roof).
                2014 208 GTi (Calado Blue).

Comment

Originally posted by SLC View Post
                  I could be wrong, but aren't the number plate bulbs on the back of the car?
                  Yes you are right but it is the same type of bulb so the light qualities would look the same
                  Originally posted by cyclone
                  It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                  Originally posted by Broda
                  I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

How much were they?
                    94JDA

Comment

Just did the bulbs and I had to pry the entire light fixture off to get to the bulb. Easy after that.

Comment

6.99 eBay ...... Just done them used a flat head with cello tape around the flat head so no marks and opened the metal clips and they came straight out look sweet just got to do the centre interior light and glove box and the lights will be all sorted :-) pics to follow .... I will create a thread on all the lights and bulbs I have used on the car and prices and where from will do this on the weekend

Comment

Hard to get a good pic with out the glare from the tail lights but looks better and lights up the ground slightly like one of the chav neon kits lol

Comment

Originally posted by Sigorman85 View Post
                            6.99 eBay ...... Just done them used a flat head with cello tape around the flat head so no marks and opened the metal clips and they came straight out look sweet just got to do the centre interior light and glove box and the lights will be all sorted :-) pics to follow .... I will create a thread on all the lights and bulbs I have used on the car and prices and where from will do this on the weekend
                            hi Sigorman85
                            was just looking through threads etc on replacement bulbs etc and wondered whether you had chance to put the thread on all lights & bulbs with where to buy from, tried looking but could not find anything.
                            Also we have the THP are the bulb/lights the same in all models then?
                            thanks for any help
                            Darren
                            sigpic

Comment

My mate sells a full set of LED's for the DS3
                              PM me for prices
                              ChrisRs Detailing, Bingley, West Yorks
                              eMail: chrisrsdetailing@outlook.com

2014 Citroen DS4 DSport 160 Hdi, Whisper Purple

Comment

Working...
                              X