Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alloy wheels - best source?

Hi folks

Anyone got a good tip on where to get the best deal on alloy wheels?
    Is Fleabay too risky on second hand? Guess they might all be kerbed to some extent.

Jimbob

I guess it depends on what your looking for, are you after a full set, a single wheel to replace a damaged one and the reason for wanting them, ie a set to put winter tyres on or what

Comment

Originally posted by john55810uk View Post
      I guess it depends on what your looking for, are you after a full set, a single wheel to replace a damaged one and the reason for wanting them, ie a set to put winter tyres on or what
      Got the only model without alloys so looking for a full set. My idea is to use the steel with winter tyres and alloys in the summer. So looking for something attractive, possibly white to go with the black and white car.

Jimbob

Comment

have seen plenty of trade sellers on ebay selling a wide variety of wheels, I'm assuming that these will be brand new. Private sellers, well with those you have to take pot luck I guess.
        What size wheels are you after? Knowing how dirty white wheels get I think I's stick with black, the ones on mine don't seem to show the dirt very much

Comment

Originally posted by john55810uk View Post
          have seen plenty of trade sellers on ebay selling a wide variety of wheels, I'm assuming that these will be brand new. Private sellers, well with those you have to take pot luck I guess.
          What size wheels are you after? Knowing how dirty white wheels get I think I's stick with black, the ones on mine don't seem to show the dirt very much
          Good point on white. Think I will consider black. Will probably stick to 16" unless anyone thinks there are advantages in going to 17"?

Jimbob

Comment

The Citroen 17" Bellone black diamond tipped alloys with the Brigestone Potensa tyres work well in most conditions, but as the tyres profile is so low (40 or 45) the ride can be a bit harsh, and as several people have found out they don't work well in snow.
            If your happy with the existing tyres that are on the steel rims then it would make sense (and be cheaper) to get 16" alloys and fit the existing tyres to them and then get new winter tyres fitted to the old steels. But there are good deals to be had by buying a package of 4 wheels c/w tyres

Comment

I will see if Father Christmas will let me splash out i.e. the wife might give me permission :-(
              Think I will stick to 16"

Jimbob

Comment

The advantage of sticking with 16" is that you can fit snow chains to them if the white stuff gets really bad.

Comment

LOL Jimbob . I know that feeling

Comment

Originally posted by gar074 View Post
                    The advantage of sticking with 16" is that you can fit snow chains to them if the white stuff gets really bad.
                    Nah mate - my solution is to stay in bed :-)

Jimbob

Comment

Aha - just become a senior member now I have 100 posts.
                      Suppose it's OK to have senior moments now!

Jimbob

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbob View Post
                        Suppose it's OK to have senior moments now!
                        If the cap fits, Jimbob!!

Comment

Originally posted by gar074 View Post
                          If the cap fits, Jimbob!!
                          It does indeed fit. Now what was I saying.......................

Jimbob

Comment

Use My Mate...

http://www.wheel-whores.com/

Problem Solved...

Comment

Rimstyle are awesome
                              http://www.rimstyle.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X