Performance mods on a 1.6 hdi 110?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Performance mods on a 1.6 hdi 110?

Looking to add a few mods to my ds3, its my 1st ever diesel so not too sure on what i can do, used the search box but brings up all sorts that doesn help. I know i can do a remap but read the ecu hasnt been cracked? Also seen tuning boxes but heard rumours there no good? Also is it possible to add a blow off vave? Induction kits/ air filters for abit of noise?
    Any help and advice would be appreciated
    Obsidian Black/Carmen Red
    DS3 Dsport HDI 110
    :cool:

Remap is a thing to go for...and exhaust...strait pipe i like that sound induction kits and blow off is something i dont like on diesel it just makes it worse in my opinion

Comment

Straight through pipe, decat, dpf delete, induction kit, remap, intercooler, hybrid turbo all would give good gains and see you happy it just depends on bugdet and how far you wanna go see zack's build thread he started with a 90bhp i believe and has seen great results also to compliment the power mods maybe some better brakes and suspension upgrades and you would have a very tidy motor

Comment

Hi Diseasel fweeend !

As BoBo said above there's a few things you can do, best order would be...

Sort the intake, either induction kit, some custom piping or even just swap out your stock panel filter for a K&N one.
        Exhaust, I've got a custom straight through but there's branded ones available too.
        Jamie @ SP Tuning should be able to sort a DPF Removal and a remap the same day if you ask him nicely

Comment

You could also get your exhaust custom made from these guys: http://www.longlife.co.uk/ i know quite a few that have used this company and quality is very good.
          Simon

Peugeot 208 GTi Prestige - Orange Power

Comment

Or you could use a company better than Longlife ( Everywhere else ) lol

Comment

No one replaced their intercooler on the HDI ?
              Think the Forge one will fit without any problems!
              DS3 THP Sport Chic Blanc Banquise / Noir Onyx - Forge Pipe Kit - Forge Induction Kit - Forge Recirculating Valve - Custom Intercooler - H&R 25mm

Comment

Originally posted by ZACK View Post
                Or you could use a company better than Longlife ( Everywhere else ) lol
                What makes you say that then Zack?

I've got a custom Longlife stainless exhaust on my C4 and I'm very pleased with it indeed...

Of course as with all franchise companies they can differ, however where I went was top notch - very helpful and keen price too.
                Franklin
                Citroen C4 By Loeb THP - Sport Red

Comment

Plenty of horror stories from 2 LongLife garages.

My fav was the customer had paid for a custom system from the base of the manifold back. They changed the muffler tip for an aftermarket bolt-on one and drilled some holes in the cat and the mid box to make it sound 'beefier' lol

Comment

That doesn't sounds good at all Zack however based on my personal experience they've been good...

As with all franchises, it depends where you go and how good their fitter is...

Just my point is IMO you can't tar the whole of longlife as bad because that's simply not true...
                    Franklin
                    Citroen C4 By Loeb THP - Sport Red

Comment

Thanks for all the information guys, probably gonna go for the intake / induxtion kit 1st, can anybody recomend one, dont mind a panel filter but would maybr prefer an induction kit for the noise im tempted to get the remap aswell how much would jamie charge do you think? Does it make a big differance in the feel of driving after the remap, i want big torque pull :P
                      Obsidian Black/Carmen Red
                      DS3 Dsport HDI 110
                      :cool:

Comment

I think the remap should be your number one priority! Pound for pound it will be the best gain you get.

JB

Comment

Wouldnt it be better to get a remap after all performance mods have been done so it will take all of them into consideration as if you get a remap then a load of performance mods you will need another remap to make things run just right

Comment

Originally posted by BOBO-DS3 View Post
                            Wouldnt it be better to get a remap after all performance mods have been done so it will take all of them into consideration as if you get a remap then a load of performance mods you will need another remap to make things run just right
                            If you're getting a custom remap then yes as you can then account for different variables.

If you're going with an off the shelf remap then this shouldn't matter too much.
                            cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

I'd love to know in more detail about the clutch and the hybrid turbo you got installed
                              sigpic

:bow:1.6 Red D-Style+:ds3:

Comment

Working...
                              X